1

1

Y/N POV

What the hell was that noise, I grabbed my phone and saw a +1 number ringing, that I didn't have saved. Half asleep I grabbed my phone, annoyed I had been woken up at 4am?! Are you joking, 4 fucking AM; now I was pissed.

"Wake up sunshine" a familiar and far too lively voice sang through the phone.

"Isaac there's no way you just woke me up at this ungodly hour" I said unimpressed, "and what number is this, why are you calling on a American sim"

He laughed, knowing I definitely wouldn't have answered if he called me with his regular number.

"Well I had to get through to my best client and knowing you, you wouldn't of bat an eye, seeing my contact on the phone, even if it was to tell you that you booked the job" He squealed.

What did he just say, there's no going back to bed now. There's no way, I did that audition almost a year ago and didn't hear anything at all, not even after the 3 call-backs I did. He was still talking, but I wasn't hearing a word. I hadn't booked a job in ages; the last time I did something remotely creative, was when I did backing vocals for Toby's EP with Flo. Even then, I was just doing him a solid, as we were all back home and messing around with music is like second nature to us. I can't believe Isaac right now, he's honestly been the best of friends recently. He's my manager and when others started pressuring me and losing faith, he was always in my corner, rooting for me.

"HELLO EARTH TO MISS Y/N" Isaac brough me back from my thoughts.

"I'm with you," I cut him off "I just can't believe this is happening, you better not be fucking with me Isaac. I swear to god, I cant take it, nah you're defo playing, this isn't, I'm not the right per-."

"Hey don't do that, you deserve this, you're so talented hun and everyone's going to find out what I've already known for years. This is happening, and I mean right now. You're flights at 10.00am, so I need you at Heathrow at 7am. See you tonight girlie."

*

I have just got off the plane and JFK is rammed. There's so many people here and hell I know my way around an airport just fine, but I guess the anxiety is flaring up. I've been so in my head lately and now with this job, everything's moving so quickly.

Finally, after customs and passport control, I'm out of the airport and see the chauffer holding a sign with my name on it. I get in the car and I'm tackled into a hug from Isaac.

"Hey bitch, how the flight?"

"It was good mate, cheers for first class"

"Of course, nothing but the best for you bestie boop"

"I feel like I could sleep for days though, I almost forgot about these last minute flights you love spring on me" I said rolling my eyes.

"Well honey you're gonna have to wait for that sleep, because we're going out tonight" Isaac states

" What why? Isaaac" I complain.

" Girlie I have work to do, and you have people to meet"

" What people..." I ask begrudgingly

"Cool people, I promise they're lovely, you'll be fine and hey it's an open bar," I guess it wont be too bad " and you'll be fine, it'll mainly be some Broadway executives and people on the business side," I got to interject, because there's no way this man thinks I'm spending the evening with these guys, " butttt, there's also gonna be some of the actors and performers."

"Urgh fine, if I have too"

"It'll be fun I swear. And hey my friend Alyah will be there too and I'm sure you guys will get on."

*

I've just got ready from the event and damn for a girl whose barely had a wink of sleep, I look hot. I don't exactly know who's going to be there, but I'm sure I'll be meeting the people in charge of my new project, which I'm not excited for. People in power make me so nervous and equally piss me off; I always feel I'm being looked down on. But more importantly, it's safe to say I'll also be meeting the people I'll actually be working and creating with, and I can't lie, I want to make a good impression. Making music with people I get along with, is always so much easier and more fun.

I went down and met Isaac in the lobby and we walked out to the car waiting for us. The drive through the city was surprisingly very short and after 20 minutes are admiring the city I've missed so much, we arrived to the venue.

I don't even know what to call it, it was like a cross between a bar and a club, but there was also a stage, where people were performing (Broadway stars no doubt with those vocals), there was seats and booths dotted around, that also surrounded a decently sized dance floor. It was busy but no overwhelming, thank god, I can already feel my nerves settling.

Isaac accepted the champagne we were given as we entered and handed me a glass too.

" Ah Alyah, so good to see you oh my god it's been too long," Isaac squeals and hugs the girl. Her outfit was incredible, I just know this girls wardrobe is fire and her hair was styled in braids with silver accessories, that matched her jewellery.

"And this is my client and more importantly good friend Y/N" he introduces me.

"Hey girl nice to finally meet you, I love your fit, you look so good, the guys & girls are be all over you" Alyah says as she hugs me.

"Aw thank you that's so nice, coming from you I am honoured, Miss fashion!! But despite my queer arse definitely being attracted to men as well (unfortunately), they're not quite on my radar at the moment, not after my shitty ex boyfriend." I laugh off.

"Well in that case I gotta introduce you to my friends, I feel like you'll defo get on with my bestie." she excitedly insists, as she looks over to the stage, where now a beautiful blonde girl was performing.

I was quite literally frozen and lost for words. Her voice is incredible, the tone and power omg. I've never seen anyone like her before, she is beautiful obviously, but I don't know how describe it. She has this aura about her, that I just felt drawn to.

In all this, I see Isaac had slipped away to mingle with the business execs, poor lad I know he hates that side of his job. I was still staring at the blonde and shit I'm pretty sure Alyah's caught me. But I can't pull my eyes away, not now when she's caught my eyes and is sending me a smirk. Fuck she's hot, shit my face is probably a little red now.

Alyah snickers, yep has definitely caught me.

"Girl come on," she says grabbing my arm and pulling me towards a table, "god what am I gonna with you" she sighs jokingly.

******

Hey guys this is my first shot at writing at a fanfic. I've loved Reneé since I luckily saw her in Mean Girls, when I was on holiday in NYC in Dec 2019. I'm so excited that her fandom is finally rapidly growing. We've suffered for too long with little to none, fanfics about her. I just though I should try to write a story, as  I love reading all the ones I've found so far on here so far. 

I hope you guys like this so far. I promise they will meet soon, I just wanted to lay some groundwork first. Please et me know what you think and any suggestions you have (please kind though - I don't think I'm quite built for any harsh comments lol)

1211 word count

love&peace, 

M

she/her