Episode 10-A: I Am Beautiful (Hannah)

Start from the beginning

"Y-Yeah," she said, a bit taken back on how he knew her name, though to be fair most people knew the name of the easiest catch in the school. "How did you know that?" She asked more for her own confidence than anything else.

"Carolina told me that you might stop by today." He stepped aside allowing her entrance into this classroom. "Come in, I made tea."

Hannah took a deep breath before walking inside of the room. It certainly was an old looking classroom, nothing too special inside except for the single table that held a pretty hard looking hairbrush. She took a seat at one of the two chairs inside and rested her hands on her lap. "Thank you," she said as he put a freshly brewed cup of orange looking tea in front of her. He took a seat next to her. "I'm guessing that Carolina might have also told you about how she found me one night?"

"She told me a bit about what happened while we were taking down equipment for church." He answered, giving her a bit of a firm look but still held his smile. "What the hell were you thinking?"

That slight shift in his voice that was not anger but almost disappointment did more to her than she could have expected. Hannah let out a sigh as she took a sip of this sweet tasting tea, it hints of orange and mango inside of it. "I was invited by a senior and later learned that I had been invited because his friend wanted to have his first time before college. I am used to being someone else's first time, it is all this body seems to be good for, it takes people's mind off that I am bigger than most girls and they treat me decently because of it."

"You shouldn't care what people think about your body." Alphonso said softly. "And you definitely stop with all of these more active things you are doing. What happens if you end up getting an STD or even pregnant from all of this, you are doing more damage than good, just to people that probably don't even care about you."

Hannah laughed a bit at that. "It's easy for you to say that, you are good looking, you have a good body type, you aren't big." She glanced over at the boy for a moment. "I don't like what I am doing but it is the only way I feel good about this body I was cursed with."

"You aren't cursed." Alphonso said firmly. "You are beautifully and wonderfully made, even if you can't see it. People that don't see that or choose not to see it are just damn fools to be honest, men that try to use women for their bodies are the lowest cowards in the world."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because they take advantage of girls like you who just need a bit more positivity in their life, and people that care and like them for who they are rather than what they look like. A lesson that should have been taught more in school than we like to admit." Alphonso smiled at her for a moment. "Friends like Carolina that while she was scared out her mind came to save you from maybe making a mistake you can't take back. She told me that you were a bit tipsy as well when she came to get you. She walked into the lion's den to come and get you, that right there is a true friend. You don't need a thousand people to like and believe in you." His hand came to rest on a small golden necklace that was resting on his white shirt. "I happen to know a savior that out of so many people that believe in him, only 12 truly walked with him day after day... well technically 11 but he was later replaced by a nice guy now known as Paul."

Hannah nodded for a moment. "I really do want to stop doing this, really I do, and I wouldn't mind maybe going over your lap for a bit." A faint smile appeared on her lips as she sniffled for a moment, she felt those tears starting to rush down her face. "I need help..." she admitted softly as she hung her head down for a second. "And I need something to make sure I never do what I did last weekend again."

"I am willing to do whatever you want me to do." His hand rested on her back giving it a soothing rub. "Nothing more and nothing less than that. You have my word."