𝟎𝟎𝟐

❝ this is why life is worth living  ❞

this is why life is worth living

warnings .. mentions of underage smoking

 mentions of underage smoking

SOON ENOUGH, HER mom arrived. they made their way to the car and sat inside. lani's mom looked over at her.

"have you been smoking again?" she said, looking at the red eyes appearing on the girls face.

kalani shook her head before tears began to well up again. her mom took notice of it immediately before hugging her. "what happened baby."

immediately, she cried into her moms shoulder. kalani reid cried into her moms shoulder outside of fairview highschool. if only fucking walker saw her now.

she didn't stop, not for a while. sobs continued to fall as her mom spoke to her. "i'm here for you, please talk to me lani."

"just drive." the girl spoke after a while. she picked her head off her moms shoulder before looking up at the ceiling. lani stared for a while. nothing was going through her head, yet she couldn't look away.

once arriving home, she made her way up to her room before closing the door. the bed was made, practically begging lani to come lay down. so, she did.

she didn't get up. not once. not after the call for dinner, because really, who would be hungry in a moment like that? not to use the bathroom, because she knew that if you waited long enough, it would eventually go away. and lastly not even to see her sister come home.

the door wasn't locked, yet no one in the family wanted to go inside. it was an emotional time, her parents knew that. and for her sister.. there was no point. she was too high anyways.

after a while, lani picked up the tv remote. she believed that staring at the ceiling for over seven hours was likely long enough. she made her way to disney+. sighing, before clicking on her account. right there. at the front border of disney+, was her ex boyfriend. the boy she hated. the reason he left her.

she quickly turned off the tv before going to the kitchen. once getting there, she sat down on a chair in front of the island. she then stood up again before grabbing a cheese stick out of the fridge. her dog quickly sniffed out the food and sat down right in front of her. she peeled off a small piece and gave it to the puppy before continuing to stare into space while eating it.

"hey." ki said, walking past the girl and going to the fridge as well. she grabbed out an apple before sitting next to kalani. "wanna go for a ride?"

lani took a minute before responding. "sure."

after the two finished their snacks, kiera grabbed her car keys and they made their way to the car. the sisters hopped in and drove out of the driveway.

"what happened today lani?" the older sister questioned.

lani stayed silent for a while. "i was thinking about walker for some reason."

kiera nodded. she then pointed to the glove compartment. kalani opened it up, revealing a small bottle. she picked up the bottle and opened the cap. the smell of weed flowed throughout the jeep. a smile appeared on the girls face.

she went into the center console and grabbed out rolling papers. ki parked in a random parking lot by the local ice cream stand. she then helped lani roll a blunt, teaching her every step.

the two smoked the whole blunt. it only took around ten minutes, though the high lasted a while. they giggled about every little thing.

lani loved this feeling. she loved being too high to feel her legs. she loved being able to say things and have no regrets. she loved being happy while everything going on in her life made her feel miserable. it was moments like these that gave her the satisfaction of knowing who she was. and knowing that she couldn't change that.

lani wasn't the top of the class. lani wasn't insane soccer player she was put out to be.

she was a girl who just wanted to live her life. she was just a girl who wanted her ex back.

DELILAH TALKS !

——

hiiii chapter out!!! i hope everyone is doing okay. love you all dearly.