11.

Dinner in the Great Hall. The end to a day - where we're all just expected to show up, rain or shine, as if nothing else happened to us students during the day. Or, well... for most students, nothing typically did. I didn't catch any other Hogwarts student discover a secret about a professor and themselves. Even if that Professor is an old family friend. A good, old family friend. God. Sometimes I wish I could just forget what the Malfoy name means to the Wizarding World. Just imagine how I would be if I was... oh, I don't know... normal. For once. A normal Hogwarts student. A Half-Blood or Muggle-Born Witch. Much like Potter or even Hermoine. Hell. A life to have living like those of the Weasley family. It isn't much of a difference, them being pure-blood and all, yet still can be quite the major difference.

I found myself stepping out of the girl dorms with Hermoine and into the common room where we were greeted by our boys. Mostly everyone else had already gone down to dinner, but Harry and Ron, who were patiently waiting on the couch. Only standing up the second they saw Hermoine and I enter into the common room.

"Couldn't come down any slower." groaned Ron.

"Couldn't go to The Great Hall for dinner without us?" I snapped back to him in a jokingly tone.

"I could've." He glared at Harry.

Harry shrugged, "Why'd go down to The Great Hall and leave our girls behind?"

"Probably ran out of food while we were waiting."

"Yes." I gave Ron a small nudge, "Hogwarts sets their feast up to magically have food reappear when a plate goes empty, but they're going to run out of food just because we weren't ready in time."

"Honestly Ron," said Hermoine, "You can't go two seconds without thinking of food?"

"My mother says I'm a growing boy."

"A growing elephant." smirked Harry, causing me to cover my mouth in order to hide the small chuckle that came out of me.

"Shut up." he told Harry, "Let's just go."

**

Entering The Great Hall, my eyes fell onto the first two people who had been looking directly at me as we hurried over to our seats. The Albino and the Spy. The Pureblood and The Half-blood. Unlike with The Dark Lord, Snape actually accepted the status in which he came from. Although I still remember him pretending as if he was our "older brother" back when Draco and I were tiny children. Something about what him and our parents used to do back when they were all in school, or something.

"Your parents used to always be there for me in school," Snape would tell the two of us, "despite the age difference." Gotta hand it to him, though. Despite me getting into Gryffindor and becoming close with Potter, Professor Snape never really showed a full hatred towards me after I was sorted into a different House and sported a different crest on my chest. Some would call it favoritism, being we both grew up getting to know our professor before we ever came close to starting at Hogwarts at just eleven years old. I just wish he would at least show a little kindness towards my friends and I... or at least some form of kindness... much like he gives Draco.

The four of us grabbed the closest seats that we could get to at the Gryffindor table, seated by Seamus, Dean, Neville, and Ginny. Draco's little squad of monsters had been seated diagonally from us and two tables down, at the Slytherin table. In the corner of my eye, I also could see Luna seated in the table next to ours at Ravenclaw. Hufflepuff seated behind where I was- being the loudest and most rowdy of all the Houses in the Hall. An attitude you wouldn't expect from a house such as theirs, until you really got to know each of the houses.