Chapter twenty-six "Bike ride"

Start from the beginning

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Everything was so peaceful. It was the first time in a while that I felt at peace, too. I wasn't feeling that weight on my chest anymore.

I opened my eyes and turned to look at Dani. She looked like an angel. She was just as relaxed as I was. A smile appeared on her face.

"I can feel you staring at me." She opened her eyes and looked at me too. "You look beautiful, love."

"So do you." She scooted closer and pecked my lips. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes again. She brushed her hand against mine and intertwined our fingers.

We stayed like that for a few minutes. It was hot, and I was starting to sweat. I stood up, taking my t-shirt off.

"What are you... Cam, why are you taking your clothes off?"

"I'm going for a dive. Are you coming?"

"Are you nuts? In the lake? In our underwear?"

"Yeah" I shrugged. "Come on, there's no one around. It's just you and me." I unbuttoned my pants. She stared at me as I pulled them down. She stood up and stopped me from walking away.

"Babe, what's going on?"

"Nothing." I shrugged. "I just realized that life is too short to not do what makes you happy. You could die any minute, so why not swim in the lake in your underwear?" She smiled and took her top off, she unbuttoned her pants and took my hand in hers.

"You are right, fuck it. Let's go." She dragged me to the lake, and we got in.

"DANI." I yelled and jumped on her, knocking her in the water. We both jumped out laughing.

"I better not catch you." I stuck my tongue out and started running and eventually swimming. I was a way better swimmer than her, so she couldn't catch up to me. "Babeeee come back, I promise, I won't do anything." She whined, pouting.

I eyed her before deciding to swim closer.

"I knew you'd fall for it" She smirked and jumped on me, causing me to sink.

"Dani." I whined, getting out. She was laughing, making me smile as well. I pulled her closer and pressed my lips against hers.

"Do you remember that girl with met in Greece?" She said out of nowhere, I scrunched my eyebrows in an attempt to remember her name. "Maria"

"Oh yeah, right, her. I do remember her, she had a daughter too."

"Yes, she texted me that she'll be visiting soon."

"Really? How come?"

"Her and her husband have been thinking of moving to the US and they have visited a few places already."

"This is so cool."

"I know."

"They are looking to move to the US, and they've been traveling to see different places and pick one."

"Oh, cool, we could hang out with them."

"That's what I said."

I smiled and pulled her closer, hugging her.

"We should get out of the water to dry, we need to get home and get dressed for tonight" I pouted. "Come on, love, our underwear's soaked."

"Well... it's not the first time." I grinned. "Eyyy." I yelled as she splashed water at me.

"Out, NOW." She commanded, pointing at the shore of the lake.

"Yes ma'am." I did an army greeting and she lightly hit the back of my head.

"You are such a dork."

"Don't pretend that you don't love it." She rolled her eyes, shaking her head amused and I grinned. "You either roll your eyes at me or because of me."

"Camila!" She exclaimed, causing me to burst out laughing. She splashed water at me again and I did the same. Before we knew it, we were in a water fight. I knew I'd win. I saw her struggling, so I slowed down and she picked up.

"Fine, fine, you win." I lift my hands up in the air, giving up. Her face lit up and she celebrated. I smiled. I could easily win, but I wanted to see Dani happy more than I wanted to win. She walked up to me. She brought her hand on my cheek and her lips touched mine.

"I love you so much." She whispered into the kiss.

"I love you too Dani." We walked out of the water and laid back on the grass. She reached out for my hand.

We laid there holding hands until our underwear were somewhat dry.

We got dressed and rode our bikes back home. This time Danielle waited for me along the way. Once we got home, I helped her put the bikes back in the garage and we went in the bathroom to take a shower together.

A/N: Hope you enjoyed it, don't forget to upvotee😊😁