Calling Card

After Xander and Avery left I turned to her. "What do you want to do today?" I asked with a smile playing on my lips, 

"I promised to help Libby with wedding things after Avery's meeting we are all going out. So you're on your own." She said almost guilty.

"Since when did you leave me alone." She brushed her lips against mine, the kiss was brief.  Too brief. 

"You're a grown man I somewhat trust you alone," I looked at her wanting to say something else but instead she threw me a croissant. "I should get going now, I'm catching a ride with Avery." I nodded watching her leave, only to see Grayson reappear suitcase in hand.

"I have to go."

"Go where?" I said immediately. Being challenged was good for Grayson's god complex and challenging him was rarely boring. "And why?"

"I have some personal business to attend to."

"Since when do you have personal business?" he asked intrigued.

Grayson didn't dignify that question with a response. He just turned and began to walk back through the flat. Jameson went to follow, but then his phone buzzed. Oren

He's with Cal and Avery. He came to an immediate standstill and answered. "Problem?" he asked the bodyguard.

"Not on my end. The girls are fine. But one of my men just intercepted the porter." As Oren made his report, Grayson's retreating form disappeared from Jameson's view. "It appears the porter has a delivery. For you."

In the hall the porter left a silver tray. On the tray sat a single card.

Jameson cocked his head to the side. "What is this?"

The porter's eyes were bright. "It appears to be a card, sir. A calling card."

His curiosity piqued, Jameson reached for the card, grabbing it between his middle and index fingers -- a magician's hold, like he might make it disappear. The moment his gaze landed on the words embossed on the card, the rest of the world faded away.

The front of the card bore a name and an address. Ian Johnstone-Jameson. 9 King's Gate Terrace. Jameson flipped the card over. In handwritten scrawl, he found no instructions, only a time. 2pm