Chapter.24

Chapter.24
________________________

"Thank you," I said as I shook Hoseok's hand. He smiled and placed his other hand over mine. "Anytime," He said to me. I smiled and approached Yoongi, I thanked him and shook his hand. "You guys don't know how thankful I am." I said to them both. Yoongi was willing to do anything for Hoseok even if he didn't want to admit it. "And I'm so sorry about Namjoon and Jungkook," I said to them. Hoseok shook his head, "No, it's okay, they chose their path." He said to me.

Everyone just wants to be freed from this deadly organization.

Hoseok and a few other medics were checking everyone's injuries. A medic approached me, and without asking, he started to check my blood pressure and my oxygen. I didn't say anything, I sat down and winced as a sharp pain shot through my rip cage. "Your blood pressure is a little low, ninety eight over seventy-two." He said to me. I laughed, and he started to check my oxygen. Minho, Chan, Felix, and Hyunjin approached me and the doctor. They had already been checked, and they were fine.

"Your oxygen is perfect." The doctor said to me. He wrapped the stethoscope back around his neck, "Can you lay down for me?" He asks me. I look uo and meet his eyes. "Where?" I ask him. He pointed to one of the cots behind him. I nodded and stood up. I winced as I laid down on the cot. "Lift your shirt," he said to me. I didn't question it, I lifted my shirt, and Felix cringed at the sight.

"Ooh," Hyunjin cringed and looked away.

Chan shook his head, and Minho didn't say anything. I lifted my head and looked down at my stomach to see a massive bruise forming. "The vest helped the bullet from penetrating, but it didn't stop it from bruising." The doctor said.

"I'll give you some painkillers for the road,"

**

"Am I going to have to start calling you noona?" Jeongin asked me. I side eyed him, and a smile creeped on his face. "No," I said, and he laughed. I slapped his arm, but he continued to laugh. I shook my head at him and turned to watch the doctors do their work. "No, but I'm glad you guys are together." Jeongin said. I turned to him and met his eyes. "You really make him happy," Jeongin said. I smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder.

He looked behind me, and his smile faded.

"Grenade!"

He grabbed me and shoved me out of the way. I felt a rush of heat hit my back, and my vision went black. When I opened my eyes, the air was filled with smoke. The smoke was orange due to the fire. My ears rang as I rolled over onto my stomach. My vision was blurred, but I could make out the shape of dead bodies lying around me. Some were on fire, and some were covered in ash.

Through the ringing in my ears, I could hear someone gurgling and choking beside me. I crawled over to them, unable to make their face out due to the ash and smoke. Their eyes locked with mine, and I felt myself sober up.

"Jeongin," I grabbed his hand, and he looked up at me. "Oh god, oh god..." I looked down and shuttered at the sight. He squeezed my hand, and I felt myself choking on air. I didn't notice I was crying until my tears were falling onto his shirt. "It's.... okay," he said while coughing on his blood. "Please.." I gasped for air as I choked out a sob.

I pressed my forehead against his and closed my eyes as I cried. "Noona," he choked, I nodded in response. "Take... care of... him, please." He said to me. I squeezed his hand and nodded. His grip on my hand loosened, "No, no, no.." I sat up onto my knees. "No!" I cried out. I felt the air leave my lungs with every cry.