I laugh. "Here take these to Samuel please. He is working on history."

"Oh that is a fun subject." Josh smiles and takes the plate as I finish putting some cheese sauce over them.

"Good maybe you can get him more enthusiastic with history then."

"On it boss." Josh smirks before walking to the office.

"I know he is your older brother but if I wasn't with a girl then I totally tap that." Kate sighs and I act like I am puking. "So could I have Valentine's day off?"

"I already planned it." I smile and point to the work schedule. "Josh will still be here and agreed to watch Samuel for the night to where I can be here and close up."

"You're the best friend and boss ever."

"Sure." I laugh. "I already knew Daryl and I wouldn't be able to so it works for you and your girl to have the night together."

"Order ready." Tary calls.

"Thanks." Kate smiles over her shoulder.  "Back out I go."

"Have fun. I will be out in a few to help with the tables."

"Oh it is slow currently." Kate waves off and grabs the plates before walking to the front.

I walk back towards the office but Tary calls out. "What is up?" I ask walking over to him.

"The burner on the stove isn't working."

I sigh. "Let me call the tech out then. Can you still cook well without it?"

"Yeah with what you had prepared early this morning is plenty for the sides so it isn't an issue."

"Okay thanks for letting me know. I thought it was burning slow this morning but wasn't sure."

"No probs." Tary smiles and I pat his arm. He is such a sweet guy and has become a friend since working here for almost three years. "You want dinner?"

"No I will cook something at home in a bit."

"Alright." He nods. "Burgers calling my name."

"Go flip the buns." I laugh as he winks and flips one over.

Once back in the office I place a call to the tech the stoves are under warranty with and they got someone here within the day. Josh helps Tary with cooking and I finish up some paperwork as Samuel finishes his homework.

"Done." He sighs and closes the book.

"Perfect because I am done here too."

A knock sounds on the door frame and I look up to see Daryl. "Hey." I smile and he smiles back.

"Hey to both of you. Want to come with me to grab some ice cream?"

I nod and Samuel jumps up. "Are we going next door?"

"Where else has the best ice cream?" Daryl laughs. "Sadie called today."

"Oh?" I look to him as I grab my purse.

"She was letting us know the flowers were arranged."

"That is nice. I must have left my phone at the house."

Daryl nods. "I was wondering when she said you didn't answer and I couldn't get through to you."

"You should have called here." I smile and he kisses my cheek.

"I don't want to bother you at work."

"You know it isn't a bother." I let Josh and Kate know we are leaving out and they wave.

"See you at home then." Josh waves. "Get ready for a rematch though Champ."

Samuel laughs. "I will win again but you can try." Josh laughs and gets back to cooking with Tary.

We walk next to the Diner to the little ice cream shop and order up some banana splits. The only reason I don't have anything but milkshakes at the diner is because of the palor here. We sort of help each other out in this town by spreading more business around and one reason I liked this small town.

I listen as Daryl and Samuel talk about the new game Josh gave him last night. A smile on my face as they seem happy and talk about racing against each other. Still a part of me is dreading the fourteenth but it has been that way for a long time now.