𝟎𝟖.

nezraB

𝐍𝐄𝐙𝐑𝐀 𝐄𝐍𝐑𝐘𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐓

𝐍𝐄𝐙𝐑𝐀 𝐄𝐍𝐑𝐘𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐓

Nezra looked around the room he was in, immediately remembering where he had fallen asleep the night prior. He was alone in the bed, but remembered Kelada scooting close to him in the middle of the night.

He got up and used the bathroom connected to her room, wiping himself with a baby wipe from the counter near the sink before flushing. He washed his hands and exited her room, finding her in the kitchen.

He admired how pretty she looked even this early in the morning, and how her petite body had curves in all the right places. Nezra knew exactly why she had been the best paid stripper at his club.

"Good morning," He finally greeted, entering the fridge and grabbing a bottle of of water.

"Who told you to go in my fridge?"

He held up his hand before taking a sip of water, "Say Good morning back before you start naggin'."

Kelada shook her head and continued to place cinnamon rolls in a circular dish, "The audacity..."

When she turned her back to him, he eyed her figure again. She wasn't the thickest girl he'd ever been interested by a long shot, but her dipped hips, flat stomach, and slim waist appealed to him.

Those features combined with her unreal facial beauty and mystique could make any man fall in love with nothing in return.

"I got ah question for you," Nezra spoke up, situating himself on the island.

"I have an answer." She looked at him briefly before focusing back on a mixture Nezra couldn't quite place.

"Why you single, fa real? You abusive?"

She let out a slight laugh, "Damn, straight past crazy to I beat niggas?"

Nezra shrugged his shoulder, fiddling with a loc in the back of his head, "I ruled that out already, you got sense."

Kelada just shook her head, "No I'm not abusive, I just don't have the time - well didn't. I just have to take the time to get into the dating world again."

After spreading the mixture over a croissant roll and then topping it with another, Kelada places it into the oven and looks at Nezra. "I already know you're crazy, why else aren't you in a relationship?"

He contemplated for a bit before rubbing his eye, "Mm this one ex tried to get me set up. Like how you gon' play my gimmick against me? Anyway, she had to die and I've been having trust issues since."

"Did you love her?" Kelada tilted her head, keeping her eyes onto his. After she had pointed it out last night, Nezra was trying harder to keep eye contact with her.

"Yeah I did, I was depressed for like a year after I killed her." He shook his head to free his mind from the images of her dead body, pushing his locs from his view. When he was with Makasi, he had been convinced that she was gonna end up being his wife.

Obviously that wasn't the case and it safe to say his heart still wasn't fully mended.

Nezra placed his hands on the nearly empty water bottle in front of him and set his jaw.

"I'm sorry you had to lose her like that, even if she wronged you," Kelada placed a hand onto his gently.

He took a deep breath before meeting her eyes again, "It's straight, she brought it on herself."

She displayed a forlorn smile before pulling away, going over to the oven and pulling out both Pyrex dishes.

"Breakfast is ready, I made cinnamon rolls and sausage casserole." When she turned back to face him against, her face was no longer sullen. Instead, she wore that practiced neutral expression that displayed none of her inner thoughts.

He guessed she had learned that expression from years of pain, and the thought saddened him for a moment. Then he realized he shouldn't care too much because he knew how he could get.

"What's in that?" He pointed to the crescent-roll topped dishes after piling on three cinnamon rolls.

"Sausage, cream cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Try it." She took a piece from her square and extended her fork to him.

He hated to think she could get whatever.

Nezra could feel Kelada's expectant gaze as he chewed the new food. Unlike the burrito, this was savory and the flavors actually went together.

"Mhm," He hummed and watched a genuine smile grace her face. It was the first time he had ever seen her truly smile and he hoped it wouldn't be the last.

"I'm glad you like it because I made too much, you can take some home."

She turned away from the dazzled man, oblivious to the change she had caused in his heart.

"What you doin' later?" Nezra questioned watching her shrug.

"What's today?"

Nezra checked his phone, "Sunday."

"I got dinner with my Daddy and siblings later," She answered automatically. He would've thought she was lying from how quick he responded, if she hadn't mentioned it to him the night prior.

He had to get over his distrustful attitude — nobody would wrong him how Makasi had.

Nezra decided not to follow up on anymore questions, instead retuning to his stool seat with his plate of food and cup of ice water.

He didn't know why he felt attracted to her, she had never shown real interest back in him. Maybe he was delusional, blinded by her astounding beauty.

Sure she said had said flirtatious things before, but was she really flirting or was it just her personality.

"You lookin' deep in thought, what's up?"

Nezra met her onyx eyes as she stood in the opposite side of him, her plate on the counter as she held a mini cinnamon roll in her hand.

"Honestly, it's you." He admitted, gauging her reaction.

The only giveaway on her face was the slight raising of her brows, "Me?"

"I can't get a read on you. You do a very good job at keeping people out."

For a change, Kelada was first to break eye contact this time. "I don't mean to, and usually I'm very easy to read. I just kinda feel like I can't live until my mom is better."

Finally, he felt like he was gaining footing on getting to know her mind.

"You gotta live for her. She'll get better and when she does, I'm sure she'll want to hear all about what you've done since she's been gone. So live."

She chuckled sorrowfully and used her palm to wipe her left eye, "Okay, Coach Nezra."