Its What Friends Do Vincent Valenine x Reader Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

Everyone, except one.

The newest member of the group, Vincent, was staring at you from across the room. You weren't too sure about the mysterious man. He mostly kept to himself and was quiet, only speaking when it was necessary or something important.

You made eye contact for a few seconds, but you were the one to break it as your injury reminded you of its existence. Your cheek twitched, but otherwise, you were able to keep the moan of pain in your throat as a soft whimper. You got up and made your way across the tavern to the bathrooms next to the entrance. You could feel his eyes watching you the whole time, sending a chill down your spine.

You threw open the bathroom door and sighed in relief seeing it was a one-person bathroom. You stumbled inside and fell onto your knees, clutching your side. Your head felt like television static, your arms and legs like lead weights pulling you down.

You crawled over to the sink and somehow managed to raise your tingling hand enough to grab the ledge. With grunts of pain, you pulled yourself up until you were leaning over the sink.

The dirty mirror covered in smeared lipstick stains and speckles of water rust clouded your reflection. Your heavy labored breaths puffed against the glass creating a cloud of fog that faded slowly. The bathroom was very cold, the air conditioning on full blast, humming loudly in the small space.

Your eyes locked onto your own, but you didn't look quite right. Your skin was pale and sweat was dripping down your face. Your lip was bruised and bleeding from your teeth holding back your cries of pain. The pants for air were more gasps, the chilly air stinging your sore lungs. You lifted your top, wincing at the pain, and revealed a nasty dark bruise spread across your lower rib cage.

In the middle of the bruising was a small, clotting gash. It couldn't have been more than three inches but it was causing such a severe amount of pain.

Everything started to get blurry as the room seemingly rocked like a ship in a storm. Your stomach churned, but nothing came up.

There was a knocking but you didn't even hear it as you collapsed onto the floor. The cold tile felt amazing against your sweaty skin as the numbness blissfully spread throughout your body.

You heard the door swung open, for once thankful you forgot to lock it. Fingers touched the side of your neck as you finally blacked out...

Vincent cautiously opened the bathroom door after he got no response from his knocking. You were lying on the floor, pale and shivering. He pressed his fingers to your neck to check your pulse and discovered it was thankfully steady, fast, but steady.

It was assurance enough for him.

He unbuckled his cloak and draped it around you, wrapping you into it like a blanket. With the utmost care, he gently picked you up, moving your head to rest against his chest as you hung limply in his arms.

He walked out of the bathroom and saw the group cheering on Tifa as she went up against Barrett, having won against Cloud. He would alert them later then.

Vincent brought you to his room and carefully laid you down on the bed. He unwrapped you from his cloak enough to get access to your top. He moved it up just enough to see how bad the injury is.

From what he could tell you had broken a couple of ribs, the gash had mostly healed but it wasn't properly sanitized or dressed leaving it susceptible to infections or healing improperly.

Thankfully, he had former training as a Turk which included dressing wounds.

He found the room's first aid kit and opened up the alcohol. He pinned you down by your upper belly with his hand well the other cautiously held the bottle of alcohol over the gash.