ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7

***loak POV

Waving goodbye to payakan I mount my ilu and begin my path towards the village.

On my way, I see the silhouette of my brother far into the distance. I was going to go to him but then see that hes with someone...Y/N. I sigh as I look in his direction keeping an eye on them.

Its not that I don't like Y/N. Well actually maybe I don't. Whatever. I feel like somethings off, maybe it's just I don't trust her from that night we arrived. Or the fact that Neteyam trusts her so much.

Neteyam, the mighty warrior, best behaved son, is involved with some murderous mermaid thing.

I've thought of telling my dad about them but that just seems mean on my part. Who I've been leaning towards talking to is really tsireya.

Lost in thought I barely see my brother ride off in the corner of my eye. I look back to the spot where I once saw the two together and see Y/N floating in the same spot.

Just as I was about to follow my brother Y/N suddenly snaps her head to me and I see her eyes narrow.

They...look different than usual? More like the night we first saw her. I just realized it was nearly eclipse. Almost time for her alter ego or whatever to show up. Id rather not bump into that thing so I ride off in the same direction as my brother.

I look back for a second and outta nowhere I suddenly see two other mermaids behind Y/N and they all stare at me. It makes me do a double take and they just disappeared.

Neteyam's girlfriend is seriously creepy...

—————————

Loak soon arrives to the marui and plops down onto the floor. Staring up thinking about what the hell he just saw. He grabs a fruit and then sees his brother walk into the marui.

"Finished your tantrum little bro?" Neteyam says while eyeing Loak which he responds to with an eye roll. "Have fun with your girlfriend? Who by the way is half fish."-"Dont call her that skxawng"-"Ooo defending her now. Dont forget she coulda drowned you. Maybe you should rethink all the trust you have in her." He says biting into the fruit.

Neteyam stands infront of his brother and crosses his arms "If you don't trust her that much then you should know shes the one who brought that fruit."-"No wonder it tastes like shit" - "You ate more than half of it already..." - "And? Listen all im saying is don't be surprised if she does something. Like pull you into the ocean in your sleep." - "Ok I get it bro! Damn you're acting crazy." Neteyam starts to walk off and stops when he hears his brother mumble. "Crazy cus I know shes a monster or something..." - "What did you say?!" Neteyam snaps back and goes straight infront of his brother's face.

The two siblings start yelling at each other until theyre stopped by their parents walking in. "Hey! Why the hell are you guys being so loud. We could hear you all the way down the walkway."

"Loaks being crazy! He won't shut up about-uhm this thing." Neteyams words stutter at the end not knowing if he should mention Y/N. "Crazy but safe!" Loak responds shoving his face near his brother.

This was definitely not the usual situation thought their parents. Neteyam almost never complained about his brother doing anything and usually covered up for him, and Loak being "safe" that just seemed out of place to the parents.

Neytiri and Jake shared eye contact for a second sharing the same thought. "Listen, I dont even know if I want to know what the situation is but what the hells going on?" - "neteyams crazy girlfriend is whats going on..." Neteyams eyes widen and he goes to hit his brothers arm when he mentions Y/N. "Girlfriend?" Neytiri questions. "Is it that Y/N chick you're always smiling about? Brings good fruit honestly..." Jake says while nodding.

"When will she come meet us son?" Id wanted to meet her since you've mentioned her before." Neytiri says. "Well I dont really" - "She should come eat with us tomorrow." - "Yea and we'll check out her "craziness" that Loaks accusing her of." Jake says patting Loaks back. "Uhm...if you insist" with that neytiri leaves with jake and the boys are left alone again.

"Lets see you get outta this now big bro." - "Shut up skxawng..." Neteyam hits his brother one last time before he walks off.

Practically the rest of the night Neteyam stays up wondering what'll happen tomorrow.

————————

I really didnt know how i was gonna start this chapter but i did it 🧘‍♀️
Anyways ty for readings drink water byeee