ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5

Its been a couple days since the sullys have come to the metkayina clan, and they're all still getting used to it. Neteyam is feeling much better about coming here. Mainly because hes been spending time with Y/N. He feels better around her.

It was a little after morning almost every sully had left to do something which left Neteyam and his dad alone in the marui.

His dad insisted they spend time together but...they really had no idea what they could do in the water tribe.

Neteyam wanted to be with his dad but this was not going anywhere. Jake had walked off to a different part of the marui and Neteyam was laying down when he heard his father let out a groan. "Hey kid when Tuk gets here remind me to tell her to not leave her stuff out." Jake side while walking towards Neteyam and then sat down holding on to his foot while wincing. "What happened dad." - "Tuk left some shells on the floor and I stepped on them."

Neteyam raised his brows he knew exactly what he meant. With the way Y/N was giving him shells and stones and pearls he could've started a museum. Every day she'd usually put them in the same place. He just left them there cus usually no one would walk through there.

He began to get up and started "Im sorry sir it was the Tuk, I left them there." - "Really? You...collect shells?" - "Oh no my friends been giving me them as gifts." - "You got a friend here? Is it one of the chief's kids." - "No her name is Y/N, she doesn't really...stay here I guess you can say." Neteyam walked away to gather the shells. Jake raises his brow and smirks. While he mumbles "she."

Neteyam was sitting and gathering the shells and rocks into a bag when he sees Y/N's silhouette in the water. She swims up to him and smiles as she puts her hands on the edge of the marui he was on.

"Hi Y/N. How are you, I see you have no gift today." He says with a smile. "Would you like one? I know you said you liked those fruits I gave you. I will go." She signs while pointing away with a smile. He grabs her arm and laughs a bit. "No don't go, thank you but I think I have enough." She nods in response. "Are your siblings here?" Y/N signs "They're all away but im here with my dad." Y/N nods and holds her head with her hand while looking up at Neteyam. She liked listening to him, and he just looked so cute too when he talked about things he liked. Neteyam continued talking but stopped when he noticed the way Y/N was looking at him. "What? Why are you looking at me like that." He said smiling. "I am admiring you." You signed. He raised a brow and squinted. "I think you are..very handsome." His face became flushed and he started struggling to answer. "If you can try to find me later, I'd like to spend some time together." Y/N smiled and left waving away to Neteyam.

When she was gone he was left with the dopiest smile imaginable. He finished gathering the stuff and walked back to set them down near his spot.

"Hey kid what's got you smiling like that." Jake said with a raised brow and a smile. Neteyam didn't even notice he was still smiling. "A friend passed by and we talked a bit." - "Was it your friend Y/N?" Neteyam smiled even wider while nodding.

Jake shook his head and pat his son on his back. "Hey kid, if you want to go see her go ahead." - "Didn't you want to hang out today." - "Hey I can tell you like her, and in the time she was here Im pretty sure you enjoyed it more than us staying bored at home. Go really." - "Thanks dad." He said while walking towards the exit of the marui. "Bye dad I'll be back soon!"

—————

Once Y/N left Neteyam she decided she'd go and try to find one of the other kids. She was swimming towards the island Aounung and his friends talking with Loak.

She didn't really like Aonungs friends. Some were kind to her but she knew of the things that they'd do to people they didn't like. So she waited to get a chance to talk to Aonung himself.

She patiently waited until she noticed the group ride away. Y/N swam up to Aonung and then held onto his ilu as it kept moving forward.

"Y/N?! What are you doing here?" - "I saw you and wanted to greet you. Where are you going." - "We're just exploring." He said quickly cutting off the sentence. "Are you alright?" Y/N signed. Aonung kept quiet and looked forward. "Maybe you should leave Y/N. Go collect shells or something." He sounded so...harsh? Why was he acting like this. You frowned as you looked at him. - "Yo Aonung is that Y/N!" Yelled one of his friends. You turned and waved to the navi before Aonung said, "She was just leaving actually. Can't stay." Her mouth gaped open a bit and she raised her eyebrows at Aonungs words. She rolled her eyes at him before swimming away from the group.

As she swam away Aonung glanced at her and he looked at her with regret. He really his tone with her. He'd definitely apologize later he thought.

Y/N felt like something was about to happen. She didn't know what but Aonungs vibe was off. Maybe it was because they were fairly close to the outside of the reef. She stayed on a rock near the path they were on and waited to see if they'd come back soon.

—————

A few minutes passed, not even an hour but she noticed the group swiming back into the reef. She saw them laughing and hitting each others backs - even Aonung, maybe he was in a better mood?

As she got closer she noticed that a certain forest navi wasn't with group anymore. Her pace fastened and she quickly stopped infront of Aonung with an angry look on her face.

"Where is Loak!?" She signed with her eyes wide. The group slowly dispersed with awkward faces leaving Aonung alone. He stayed quiet way too long. "Well. Where is he?" She signed again getting closer. He kept quiet, and he looked like he was definitely not telling. Y/N looked down and was disappointed that it'd come to this but she then signed "If you don't tell me I can always make you." He looked up at her and raised his brows with a slightly surprised look . "You wouldn't do that to me..." - "Just tell me Aonung." - "We left him...outside the reef." He looked back up at her with a shameful look.

Y/N was beyond furious, and worried. She made quick clicking noises then hit him repeatedly on the arm. She raised them up by her head and made fists as she tried to think about what she'd do.

She made him tell her where he left Loak and then nodded going underwater then quickly came back up "You. Stay." She signed and then swam fast towards the end of the reef. She didn't have enough time to find Loak herself so she let out a call to ocean creatures outside the reef, near where Aonung told her, to look out for a dark blue navi and protect him. Hopefully he didn't bump into an akula because then that'd be a real problem.

She swam back to Aonung and grabbed his ilu. She swam forward as fast as she could basically dragging Aonung along with her.

—————

She soon made it to the tribe and looked for Neteyam. "Y/N! Hey my dad said that we could-uh are you alright you look kinda tired." You sighed, why did Neteyam looked so happy, he was so cute. To bad he'd get the news of his brother in just a moment.

You looked at Aonung as you grabbed his braid and shook his head signing for him to tell Neteyam. "I left your brother outside the reef." Aonung said quickly. Neteyams smile quickly faded and he scowled "You did WHAT!?"

He grabbed Aonung and dragged him up to stand. "You will answer to my father." - "Y/N im sorry we couldn't spend more time but I'll see you tomorrow." Neteyam sighed. You nodded as you watched him walk away with Aonung towards his marui.

                             ———————————

I was lowkey struggling to remember the order that things happened in the movie n had to rewrite this chap 🌚
ANYWAYSS ty for reading as always this took a while ik but school is js so tiring like im stressed over here 🤚
Drink ur water n yah bye byeeeesystsst
(If there spelling or grammar errors srry i lowkey didn't really check thoroughly...)