ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4

***neteyam pov
It was the next morning, the first day in our new home. Today the cheifs kids Tsireya and Aonung were supposed to be teaching us some stuff that we'll need to be able to survive. Loak seemed excited and so did Tuk. I mostly just wanted to not be useless.

Im still wondering about that night...maybe they'll know something about what the creature was.

My siblings and I went to meet with the other kids. They almost immediately jumped into the water and we then followed. "Cmon bro" My brother and I both jumped into the water and began swimming.

It was beautiful underwater. Id never see anything like this at home. I can atleast enjoy the beauty of this place.

We were swimming for a bit but then I felt the need to go up for air

We stayed above water to catch our breath. My brother and I looked down to see Tsireya make some weird signs with her hands that I didn't understand but then called us over with her head. We swam back down but then it had only been awhile til I felt like I was losing breath. I signaled to my brother to go up. I looked down again and saw the others coming up.

"Are you alright?" - "Your too fast, wait for us"- "Just breath, breath." - "You are not good divers, maybe good at swinging through trees but..." Tsireya went to hit Aonungs head at his comment "Cmon guys we do not know this finger talk." I say - "I will teach you" I nod to her then the boy named Roxto says "Wheres Kiri" - "who...?" - "Kiri" With that we try looking around for her.

——————

A while after Aonung starts making some clicking noises and some animals appear. "These are ilu. If you want to live here. You have to ride."

Tsireya soon helps my brother who decided he'd go first. His dumb confidence obviously wasnt an advantage with how he failed.

Aonung helps me learn to ride the ilu which at first is difficult but I caught on. Later Tsireya and Roxto begin teaching us how to "breathe." Tsireya is trying to help Loak but its definitely not working. She has her hand on his stomach and hand on his heart. "Your heartbeat is fast Loak." - "sorry." I smirk trying to hold back my laugh and look at Roxto who also looks like he knows whats happening.

——————

The first day passed and Aonung and Tsireya invited the sully kids to go riding out in the ocean with them. Well Tsireya invited them. Neteyam decided that maybe today he could ask them about the creature while they were together.

Aonung brought Roxto along with him to be able to tolerate the sullys. The two of them and Tsireya were riding ahead of the sullys. "Why would you invite them Tsireya." Aonung said with a sigh. "We have to treat them as our own brother." Tsireya said glancing back at them. "We were supposed to go to the island..." - "Maybe they can join us" - "No. Absolutely not." Aonung barely tolerated them and just the idea of spending more time with them annoyed him.

Y/N who was swimming around noticed the oh so familiar top bun she'd seen so many times and decided she'd greet the navi and his sister.

She went underwater and slowly swam towards the group of kids. She reached them and jumped between where Roxto and Aonung were and threw herself onto Aonung bringing him down into the water.

When Aonung rose back up he was met with Roxto laughing hysterically and holding his stomach. "Oh eywa- I cant- your face when you fell AH-" While he made fun of Aonung Y/N pushed him off his ilu. The  sully kids were looking directly at their direction very confused about what just happened.

Aonung and Roxto mounted their ilu again and were now facing the sully kids that were looking at them totally confused. Except for tuk. She had the biggest smile.

"Oh! We have not told you of Y/N yet. Y/N come." Tsireya waved her over and Y/N swam closer but stopped when she recognized Neteyams face, and it seemed like Loak also remembered her. "Hey... its that thing!"- "Shes not a thing tree swinger her name is Y/N." Aonung replied as him and Roxto brought their ilus infron of Y/N, between her and the sullys.

"My brother didn't mean to offend, its just we recognize her." The metkayina kids looked at Neteyam with a puzzled look. "When we were traveling here, at night, we encountered some creature that almost captured me." - "More like killed bro." The metkayina kids all looked at each other with a knowing look and Y/N was only poking her eyes out the water from the embarrassment and regret she had.

"Well we can explain" Tsireya began "Y/N is not navi, her species is like half navi and half fish. She and her people live in these waters and are mostly peaceful. They even help our animals and those of other clans. But for some reason, at night they become...violent I guess you could say. It is when they "hunt". Most of them are vegetarians and try to surpress this natural instinct, but sometimes they slip. And when they do, at night they aren't themselves, they have no control." - "So it wasn't on purpose?" - Tsireya and Y/N shook their heads in response. Y/N started signing to try and explain what happened, Aonung noticed and explained to the sullys "that night she didn't have enough time to take off to the depths as usual, so she swam far to be away from navi. She'd done it before and it usually worked but this time there were navi - you guys."

Y/N rose a bit from where she was and signed to Neteyam "I am sorry." - "Uhm I don't speak...that. What is it?" - "she doesn't speak navi, she cant. But she said she was sorry forest boy." Aonung replied. "Oh its alright. I guess i understand why it happened." Loak could see his brother looking at     Y/N some sort of way. He didn't trust her but he'd stay quiet. For now.

Y/N went up to Neteyam and jumped up to hug him. His eyes widened in shock but he then pated her back in return awkwardly.

She reached into a satchel she carried and gave him a shiny luminescent rock. "Oh uhm thank you" Neteyam smiled at her in return. She then gave him a shell, and another...then another.

———————

The kids returned to the clan and Tsireya walked up to Neteyam seeing him carrying rocks and shells Y/N gave him. "She is trying to repay you." - "Huh what do you mean?" Tsireya pointed to the shells and rocks in his arm "It is how her kind apologizes, or repays, they have much empathy towards others and are very emotional. Expect much more." Tsireya said with a smile and walked away.

She wasn't wrong. When he returned to the marui he went to find a spot to put the items. After he put them down and turned away he heard a splash in the water. When he turned around he saw Y/N look up at him while slowly putting a fruit next to the shells and then quickly swim away.

He knows he should probably be mad at her at least a bit, but he actually found her kind of cute.

                            ———————————

I think i did good guys idkk 🫢
Ty to anyone and everyone reading this i rlly appreciate it n yah love ya
(Ps drink ur water)