ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6

It was the morning after Loak's disappearance. Y/N felt guilty about not having gone to get him but, it was almost eclipse. She couldn't. She had thought about it but knew if she went something bad would happen to Loak.

Thankfully though Loak had already returned to the clan at night. Now morning Y/N swam towards the clan to try and find the kids. She noticed the group sitting together, among them she saw Loak and immediately felt relieved.

Y/N reached the group and was noticed by Neteyam who smiled at her when he saw her. Loak was talking about what happened when he was outside the reef from what Y/N could understand. She joined at a point in the conversation talking about a tulkun out there who saved him.

Y/N's attention peeked when she heard him say something about a lone tulkun outside the reef.

Her kind being focused on saving creatures of the ocean, especially tulkun, made her attention go mainly towards the animal maybe it was lost or injured?

Then she heard the name. Payakan. A very touchy subject for the metkayina and some of her kind. Some believed in the tulkun way and saw him as outcast, but Y/N and some others were fully dedicated to saving all ocean life. Even if they had done something wrong before.

"Who's payakan?"-"Hes outcast, alone, and they say he has a missing finger "-"They say he is a killer."-"No"- "He killed navi and other tulkun. Not here but far south."-"No hes no killer."- "You are lucky to be alive Loak"- "Im telling you guys, he saved my life, hes my friend."

The kids went back and forth. Y/N had no doubt about him being saved by payakan. Tulkun were such emotional and smart creatures. Suddenly Neteyam stood from next to Y/N.

"My baby bro. The mighty warrior. Who faced the killer tulkun and lived to tell about it." Neteyam said as he placed his hand on Loaks shoulderswhich were quickly pushed off. "You guys aren't listening." Loak walked off with a sigh. "No Loak im listening!"- "Come back Loak" the group groaned as he walked away.

Y/N quietly listened as she held her head with her hands watching Loak leave. Neteyam sat next to her and smiled. The rest of the group carried on with conversations as Y/N got up to sign at Neteyam.

"I'd like to take you somewhere." She signed with a smile "Right now? Sure lets go." Neteyam was about to speak to the group but was stopped by Y/N grabbing his arm. "Just us." She signed and then jumped into the water. Neteyam smiled and called his ilu and began to follow Y/N.

—————————-

After a while of riding Y/N led Neteyam into a cavern. They swam underwater a bit until they reached a spot with surface.

Neteyam sat on the ground while Y/N stayed in water. "Its beautiful isn't it." Y/N signed while looking up to the cave's ceiling covered in crystal glowing in the dark. "It really is." Neteyam answered in a quiet voice while staring at Y/N.

He shook out of thought and coughed. "Uhm my dads been noticing me leaving the marui a lot lately. And he acts all weird when I tell him Im meeting a friend. He gives me this super weird look everytime..." Y/N giggled at his words and moved closer to Neteyam. "Loak on the other hand is weird but in another way you know...He's like, suspicious of you or something?" The girl rolled her eyes at that. She knew that Loak didn't like her or mistrusted her. Honestly she understood why. She didn't care though. She was used to it.

"Anyway, you should come over by our marui one day, and actually stay maybe...not swim away or hide under the marui." He said with a laugh. "I will. Soon I promise. Im not usually around many navi besides the kids. Some dont really like my kind at all, and I think if your father recognized me he'd gut me..." - "Don't worry about his reaction, it'll be okay. If he doesn't like you he'll give in soon." He said the last part with a mumble.

"Hey Y/N" She nodded in response "If you don't mind me asking, you never really talk about parents, or family at all." The girl nodded and started sighing to the boy. "I have parents of course just, my kind is more...independent? All eggs are laid in the same grounds and when we hatch we are raised by a group of older sirens. We honestly dont really have the parental relationship." - "Wait...you were born from an egg!?" You deadpaned at his statement. "Sorry...unexpected please continue..." He said while snikering.

"As for family, without parents I dont really know how we'd keep together ancestors but usually people born in the same pods stay together. Like my group. I have a couple of friends there. Some of the adults that raised us are still with us too."-"I know you're close to Aonung and Tsireya. I've seen you and Aonung together quite often. Do you... like him by any chance." He said not keeping eye contact. You splashed back into the water and shook your head and clicked. "Absolutely not and if I did we couldn't be together. His mother doesn't really like my kind."

"Something we have in common." Y/N smiled at him comment. "Honestly I don't like Aonung like that, Im interested in someone else at the moment." She signed ducking her head down into the water leaving her eyes out only.

"Really? Well personally I've had my eyes on this girl for a while..." Y/N practically shot up calming herself down by playing with her hair. "She's very beautiful...kinda shy actually but I don't mind." He says while tilting his head to look at the girl. They make eye contact and she slowly starts drifting towards him.

"I don't know if she likes me back though. She's not really one for words.." As Y/N gets closer she looks up at him "Im sure she does, maybe you should just show her." - "Maybe I will." With that there's practically no space left between you two you pull yourself up to Neteyams face using your arms as support next to his sides. He wraps an arm around your back and the other on your face as you two lean closer to each other.

You close the gap of space between the two of you and kiss him. Quickly pulling away to make sure he's okay with it. Which you can pretty obviously tell by the dopey smile on his face. You hum as he pulls you back into the kiss.

————————-

Omg first kiss?!?!?!
Ive been gone for like ten business years or smth like...(srry bout that)
I rewatched the movie today n remembered i wrote this n was like hold up lemme actually be productive
This week im gonna try to update a chapter each day🙏
Srry for any grammar mistakes ty for putting up w/it <3
Bye drink water mwah