27 - Ooh, spicey

Börja om från början

She smiled slightly. "He's in the training room; in the basement."

I parted my lips, smiling at her. "Thanks."

She nodded and walked off to her room.

I just turned and started to the staircase.

Why was he training this late?

I decided not to question it further and spent the next ten minutes walking down the staircase to the basement and circling around the halls until I met the double doors to the training room.

The door was parted, a sliver of light glowing under the cracks of the wood, and I heard a slight beat of music and angry grunting.

I lightly pushed the door and let it creak open, and my lips parted when I found Sebastain:

His back was to me, though he was shirtless, sweat glistening on his tan skin as he held some kind of wooden pole, twirling it around and thrusting it forward like it was a sword.

I watched for a moment, mesmerized as he twirled it like a baton and swung it left and right, hitting air but it looked like he was striking the sides of some invisible person.

But my eyes trailed down to his back, curiosity burning through me when I found those odd tattoos circling his shoulders like beautiful swirls, and they spiraled around his neck and the top of his back, but everything else was blank.

Except for the two, large V-shaped scars lined along his back.

Whoa...

I wondered what those tattoos represented, and what those scars conveyed. Did he still have wings or were they torn off?

Sebastain spun the pole for a second before he twirled around, and I yelped, jumping back when he pointed it directly at me.

He smiled then, standing back up fully as the music still lightly beat in the background.

I stared as he tossed his hair off his face and threw the pole to the side, and my mouth dropped when it slid gracefully back into some bucket on the far wall.

Sebastain smiled and caught a towel as he stepped over to the speaker, pressing a button to pause the music as he dried himself off with the cloth.

After, he just tossed the towel aside and locked eyes with me.

He was sweating up a storm... but why the hell did he smell so good? It was like he bathed himself in fresh deodorant.

"Hey," he said, tipping his head to the side, "can't sleep?"

"No," I replied quietly.

He just eyed me curiously. "You can step in here, you know."

"O—oh," I said, glancing around nervously as I stepped in the room, leaving the door cracked behind me.

He smiled at my shyness. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I replied too quickly.

He chuckled, shaking his head. "You're such a bad liar."

I watched him.

He then glanced up at me with a half-smile. "You wanna touch them, don't you?"

I parted my lips, feeling a hot blush settle across my face. "Touch what?"

"You know what I'm talking about," he said, turning fully toward me, "don't act oblivious."

I only blinked, taking a step back.

He just nodded in his direction. "Come here."

I looked around nervously.

He chuckled. "Skye, come here."