The Block Estate - The Cabana Friday, September 9th 6:57 PM

Massie stared down her reflection in the bathroom of the cabana. Her hair was neatly wrapped up in a claw clip and her lips shined with her latest swipe of Glossip Girl in the flavor Bubblegum Pink. She wore a cashmere collared sweater with matching lounge pants in an off-white color along with her chestnut-colored UGG Tasman slippers. She moved her gaze to her freshly manicured hand and her long almond shaped nails painted with chic French tips. In her hand lay a small orange pill. She placed it carefully on her tongue and swallowed it down with a sip of her green juice. It wasn’t as scary as the first time she had it on Tuesday night. She knew that in a short time she would begin to feel the effects and remembered how she had completed that night’s homework without a single break.

Tonight, she would need that same focus. The front door of the cabana swung open, and Massie walked out of the bathroom to meet her friends as they entered. The theme of the night’s sleepover was war-room, and the girls marched in together as if on cue.

“At your service, Mrs. President!” Dylan shouted, saluting at Massie. The girls burst out into laughter and Massie pulled them in for a group hug.

“You guys are the best!” she gushed and then took a step back and stood like a commander before her army. “Now, you each will be assigned a specific mission for tonight’s operation. Rivera- I need you to do reconnaissance on Lizzie. I need to know everything about her- especially things that can be used against her.”

Alicia gave a casual salute, “On it, boss!” While she went to settle on the cabana couch with her laptop, Massie turned to Dylan.

“Marvill- you’re on propaganda duty. I need designs for posters to hang all around the school.”

“Sir, Yes Sir!” Dylan smiled and plopped down on the loveseat next to Alicia, pulling out supplies from her Hermes weekender bag.

Finally, Massie addressed Kristen. “Gregory, since you’re in speech and debate club now, you can help write my speech and debate notes for the assembly next week!”

“As long as I don’t have to wear camo, I’m in!” Kristen joked.

Massie widened her eyes, “I can promise you no camo! Eh-ver! She and Kristen took their seats by Dylan and Alicia. “Oh, but you will be handsomely rewarded!”

“Shopping spree?” Alicia raised her eyebrows at Massie.

“On me! Well, actually, on my Dad’s AmEx.” The alpha corrected herself.

“I can finally get those new Prada boots!!!” Kristen bounced in her seat excitedly, “They’ve been on my wish list so long they’re almost out of season!”

“We can get them tomorrow!” Massie assured her friend, “And a bag to match. And a dress. And some sunglasses…”

Kristen squeezed Massie’s arm, “Thanks Mass, you rock!”

“I know!” She shrugged her shoulders and handed her MacBook Air to the Blonde. “Now chop chop!”

After almost two hours of working (and gossiping, listening to music, snacking, and online shopping) Massie grabbed her purple binder and flipped to the section marked with a sparkly gold divider. The top of the page read “Class President”. Massie clicked her pen and cleared her throat to get the groups attention.

“Okay girls, that’s enough for tonight. Time for a status update.”

Dylan held up the rough drafts she had been sketching for Massie’s campaign posters. “I went with a chic, vogue-cover feel. Something that will fit right in with the snobs at OCD also stand out with it’s bold-ness.” Massie scribbled down some notes and nodded along. “You’ll need to have a formal photoshoot for the images of course but I’ve added my suggested poses and outfits.” Dylan grinned and Massie giggled at the scribbled drawings of herself. Despite the eraser marks and wiggly lines, Massie liked Dylan’s idea. Large editorial photos of herself in a boss-bitch outfit with a magazine font title at the top urging her classmates to “Vote Massie” and smaller sensationalized notes on her policies to get people interested.