𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢 - 𝔞 𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔱𝔩𝔢 𝔯𝔞𝔠𝔢 ཐིཋྀ⋆

Start from the beginning

"Everybody has muscles, Gabriel." I educated, noticing how he rolled his eyes at my remark.
"Oh, you are a smart one, aren't you? Now quit talking so much and aim at the tree bark."

I obliged and aimed, hoping I wouldn't hit something else. Gabriel rested his chin on my head. "Don't be scared, pequeña mariposa. Don't be scared to defend yourself and what you love. All you need is trust
in yourself."

I swallowed and fired. The tree got shot at a bit higher than the goal and a glimmer of pride glistened in my
brother's solely black eyes. "Just like that. Good job." He looked like he had the wish to say more than that.

The only thing keeping me from liking my brother is his constant drug consumption and abusive side. But did I dislike him, if I got thrilled, that he was finally home or that he was spending time with me? Why is life so complicated?

"Promise me, Lara. To run from your enemies. Run and I got your back. Every time."

Now, he wasn't able to protect me. It's just me and my mother.

I drove into the little street towards my mom's
house and didn't dare look back and tried my best to seem unbothered. My mother opened the door with a huge grin, pulling me into a deep hug.

"Oh Lara, my little gi-"
"Where did Gabriel keep his magazines?"
I slammed the door shut behind me and locked it as quickly as possible.

Her smile faded quickly and terror appeared in her innocent brown eyes.
"In his wardrobe."

I rushed upstairs, gesturing for my mother to follow me. Once I pushed the door open, thousands of memories punched me in the guts. That's the room of sins.

Lifeless white walls decorated with vinyl records from different genres such as artists of soul, R&B, rock, Latin, or rap. His e-guitar is standing in the corner. The desk he never used, since he dropped out of school one month after we moved here, a red-stained rug, and a bed. I rushed to his nightstand and pulled with shaky hands the gun out of the drawer.

"Lara Maria De Alcantara Sequeira, can you please explain what's happening right now? I'm worried." My mother warned, ogling me nervously.

"Look. I'm being followed by some cars and I don't know what's happening right now, can you look outside the bathroom window if you see three red cars with tinted windows?"

I opened Gabriel's wardrobe shaking each piece of clothing (which were mostly hoodies or baggy jeans) properly to hear a metallic clinging. I tried some more until a magazine fell out of the pocket of the hoodie I gifted him for his 17th birthday.

Quickly I reloaded the gun and handed it over to my mother who came back with a confused frown. "There are no red cars."

I stopped in my movement. "What do you mean no cars?"
"I guess they pulled off. Should I call the police?"

"No, it's fine. But please take the gun. It's reloaded so be careful. I guess I know what's happening." I assured her while rushing down the stairs.

If there's one person who knows what's going on. It's Matteo Díaz. Maybe the people who called him, threatened him about something? That they will take me into hostage? Oh yeah? Have fun with that.

"Are you sure you want to drive home alone? Don't you want to stay? It's too dangerous to drive on your own."
I smiled comfortingly at my mom while hugging her.

"Don't worry mom. I'll call the police if something happens. Plus, I guess I just imagined everything." That's a lie.

She sighed and nodded. "Text me when you're home, little girl."