4. November 5th 1994 Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"Oh," he smirked. "You can give me something, if that's how you want it, Darling," his tone was comically flirtatious.

He leaned toward me with a playful expression, his eyes careful to portray seduction. I looked at him with contempt.

"What?" He snickered. "Don't want a birthday kiss?"

"Ew," I rolled my eyes, a blush finding its way to my cheeks. There would be no way I would have my first kiss with Draco Malfoy.

I grabbed the box and opened it, a bit curious. It was a ring. With careful inspection, I noted that on top of the bulky ring was a constellation. It seemed to be infused with magic, one second it showed a tiny glinting image of stars, and then it changed to show a silver dragon.

"Is this?" I studied the ring for another minute.

"The Dragon Constellation?"

"Um...Thanks," I breathed with an awkward smile.

Draco lifted one of his arms toward me, I returned the gesture by wrapping both my arms around him. He paused for a fraction, unsure of how to react to my rare touch; then he squeezed me gently mimicking my embrace. He rested his chin on top of my head and let out a long sigh.

"You're welcome, Niy," he said in a soft tone.

I placed the ring on my right middle finger. With purpose, so I would always have to see it every time I were to write.

"It's kind of like a friendship ring," I muttered offhandedly as we ate our breakfast.

"More like a promise ring," he laughed.

I grimaced, reaching for it.

"I'm kidding," he rolled his eyes.

"It's a representation of us both."

"Really?" I looked at the ring.

"The constellation I was named after and the silver dragon is the patronus you taught me how to create."

"Oh," I now stared at the ring with wonder.

I looked across the Hall, it was now full. The Durmstrang and Beauxbatons were coming through the opened heavy doors, taking seats at whichever table. The chatter in the room ebbed for a second, the moment Viktor Krum decided to sit with Draco and me once again. He had taken a liking to us and would often choose the Slytherin table over the others. I looked up reflexively toward the center of the room, heads turned quickly as our eyes met. But a pair of warm-brown eyes lingered in my gaze for a second longer than the rest. I strained against the frown that twitched on my lips; the last interaction we had was at the dress shop.— If you could even consider that an interaction. A twinge of irritation surged through me, at the forlorn those creamy milk-chocolate eyes carried. An expression I'd grown quite used to, but continued to fail to understand why it is he bears such feelings when our eyes happen to meet. I smiled vaguely at Krum as he greeted us.

"Vot time, are we going to study today?" Krum asked with a smile of enthusiasm.

It was day two of making plans to meet in the library. It was a bit disconcerting to see how pleased he was to study, but it all clicked into place after Draco pointed out Krum wasn't interested in studying; as much as he was intrigued in watching me immersed in the books. Admittedly, it was hard not to stare at his protruding muscles underneath his henley, albeit I only saw him as just some Quidditch player and trivial student from another school.

"After our lessons?" I suggested.

"Let's meet near the Lake today," Draco added.

"Are you sure?" I pulled my eyebrows together. "But wouldn't the weather-"