13.

One. Should. Never. Mess. With.  A . Medical student. Who's going. For final exams!

Especially post graduates level.

I sat in Yug's room making my bed should I say our bed? Yes. I am sharing bed with small sweet Yug who was smiling at me since the time I  entered his room.

" What happened?." I asked him.

"No one sleeps with me. I am so happy you are here!." He was excited. I chuckled at his reaction.

" When you grow up, you will want people not to sleep in same room as you. " I spoke tucking him with bedsheet.

"Well, it's good I am not grown up yet." He replied making me remember how fast he grew up.  I saw him when he was just days old baby with small cute nose and rosy cheeks. When I held him in my hands that day, I felt as if my own flesh was staring right back at me. His cute little smile upon my touch did make me decide on my post graduation. 

"So... you are surrounded by kids all day?." He asked turning towards me.

" Yes dear." I replied.

" So you are a teacher? Doctor teacher?." He asked. I laughed at his innocent question.

" Yes yes I am!." I replied. We both conversed our hearts out and slept peacefully. I found it so overwhelming to have Yug by my side. He knows how to respond well, respect other persons personality and maintain a happy mood no matter what the situation is. It might be his age or the way he understood auntys values.

With heavy head I woke up to find Yug getting ready for school.

"Good morning Anagha!." He shouted attracting everyone's attention in the house.  Dr Amogh walked up to our room and stood there like a statue.

"Anagha, freshen up.  Have some food and study." His mom spoke. I sighed. If it was my house,  I would be sleeping till 10 am having lunch directly then start studying until dinner time with power naps in the middle. But here? It's like staying in hitlers room. Yug kissed me goodbye jumping out of the room. I was tying my hair into ponytail when Dr Amogh entered my room. He just leaned against door frame looking at me like a creepy man.

" Your hair grew." He stated.

Ok. Now what? My anger towards him did not reduce just because he gave me compliment about my hair.

"Yeah. I have to go for waxing. Thanks for noticing it.  Never knew you can zoom in so much from that distance with your naked eyes." I replied smiling at him.  His eyes widened at my responses.

"I didn't mean that!." He responded. Shrugging my shoulders I moved past him to have my breakfast. His mom was caring enough to understand my mood is still bad. I did not complain nor talk about it. With clock striking 8.30 am I sat down before my books in his study room.  Thank God he has a windows installed here! I would be dying looking at 4 walls around me! Hours passed, I had my lunch in the room as I didn't want to miss the mood I had.

"Anagha?." His mom called. I woke up from my table looking around.

"You are sleeping. Go to your room. Yug came back just now." She said.

"What's the time aunty?." I asked her.

"5pm." She simply replied walking away. Sweat dripped from my forehead. I have had best sleep in many days but in a very awkward position. Yug ran towards me to find out how my day was. I sat with him to play chess and help him to do homework which he did like a good boy unlike me who used to cry and run from tuitions.

"Anagha! Can I talk with you?." His mom asked which made me nod my head.

"I spoke with your mom.  She feels sorry for her behavior yesterday." She started.

"Aunty, I don't mean to be rude but I think I don't deserve this kind of treatment from her or my dad. When uncle asked Dr Amogh to let me study at his place,  he denied stating he is not interested to make me stay here. But now? He wants me here. Just when I have exams in few days, he suddenly became conscious about my studies. My parents don't trust their daughter enough to understand that I may not be a genius like your son but I am me! I passed every exam, entrance exams in one attempt. So I understood something yesterday.. no matter what I do I will constantly be compared to your son who has achieved extraordinary success in short span of time." I spoke like a political leader without a break.

" I never see you like that dear. I agree having him is a pressure point for you. Am sure your parents know what position you hold. I wanted to say,  I learnt something from your mom." She spoke making me frown.

"She said you have your lunch around 10 and study till dinner time with few power naps and snacks. So..I was thinking,  I don't want you to change yourself just coz my son is living here. I will ask cook to prepare lunch early tomorrow so that you can study the way you want ok?." She asked to which I nodded my head as yes.

"Also, call up your friends for group study. I heard you learn faster that way? Amogh won't be at home , they might not feel uncomfortable. Hmm?." She stated which made me super happy.

"That means she doesn't need me?." I heard Dr Amogh 's voice. I ignored him royally as I am not interested to interact.

"Brooooooo! You are home! So early! ." Yug ran towards him. He turned around scooped him in his arms. I have never seen him converse so much! I am sure he loves his brother too much to act like a spoilt brat.

"Give him a chance." I heard his mom say. I turned around gave her a smile and left from there. No offense but I don't like if anyone interferes in my issues. She doesn't know what he has said and done so I don't think I need to consider her advice.

****************
Please vote comment and share my story!

Dry chapter?

Tell him what makes you hooked to this story?