chapter 6

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

[The Great Hall, Hogwarts – 1976]

The screen of mist had gone transparent once again, Percy's retreating figure the last thing the Black's witnessed before it did so.

"I believe that might be the last of it for now." Arcturus spoke, he looked at his family members and took in their expressions. Walburga and Orion held hopeful looks on their faces–the prospect of their daughter returning to life once more, mending their previous heartbreak. The boys, Sirius and Regulus looked just as hopeful as their parents, eager to meet their older sister.

Melania had returned to the place beside her husband. She did not hide the beaming smile on her face, revelling in the idea of welcoming another grandchild into their family. The Black matriarch was eager to bond with the child who had been obliviated by her own parents. Eager to know the young woman who seemed to have battled many hardships throughout her growing-up, but managed to conquer each and every one of them. And although her life was ultimately taken from her–even that would seemingly be remedied soon. Divine intervention would prevent the girl from taking her place amongst the dead.

The others, Cygnus and Druella remined indifferent–though the slight twitch of a frown Druella was trying to keep from appearing on her lips gave her away. Their girls, Bellatrix, Andromeda, and Narcissa seemed better off than their parents. Each sister holding differing degrees of excitement–the oldest and youngest hiding it better than the middle sister.

Irma had been quiet throughout the rest of their watching, however, an ugly scowl remained on her face. The woman was unwilling to accept whatever foolishness Walburga had gotten into and the consequences of it. The thought of the halfblood tainting their noble house had the extremist spiralling. However, her husband didn't seem to care for it much. Pollux was the type of parent who held the belief that once a child were of the age they could stand on their own two feet, a parent didn't need to have responsibility over them any longer. This philosophy did not exclude his own children. He didn't care what they got up to. He made himself free of them years ago.

Meanwhile, Lucretia still couldn't speak.

Alphard was equally excited and hopeful as his nieces and nephews. A new and wickedly powerful niece to spoil. Their family surely was a collection of characters, indeed.

"What do we do now?" Questioned Andromeda. The Blacks traded looks, pondering on the girl's words. It was definitely in their best interests to go their separate ways for now–each of them needing to process what they had learned today on their own.

Alphard cleared his throat before speaking up, garnering the attention of his family. "I suppose we could stay in the guest bedrooms. Dumbledore did offer after all." He glanced at the boys, "Of course, I assume you two will be returning to your dorms?"