What if?

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I paced around my office, basically making a trench into the wooden floorboards. Questions raced through my mind. Was it just a lie from Greta? Did she fuck another man? I kept pacing around frantically as the world around me turned agonizinly slow. My mind kept screaming in torture, making me almost dizzy. What if, what if, what if!! Suddenly someone stepped into my office making me snap out of my state. It was Polly. She had a sad expression on her face as she watched me pace around. "You never really knew my children, did you?" Polly asked out of no where. I looked up at her confused as to why she would suddenly bring up her own children. I shook my head no, after all, I was just a child myself. I looked away from her and my braim went back to asking rapid questions about the DNA Results. "I never had a reason to talk about them" Polly continued and walked further into my office. "Poll, I don't-" I began trying to get her to stop talking and leave so I could continue to figure out if I was going to let Oscar go or not. My aunt didn't care and kept on talking. "But today. I do have reasons to". I sighed knowing she wouldn't drop it so easily and turned to face her. She sat down opposite of my desk and gestured for me to take a seat. "Sit down, Tommy". I did as I was told and looked at her. "They were 3 and 5 years old. Sally was three, Michael was five, well, two weeks away from being six" she began and I could hear the sadness in her voice as she talked about her children. "It was sunday morning, while I was at church. You're not forgiven.  This pinch-faced bitch said to me. You are not forgiven" she continued and looked away from my gaze and down to the floor, taking in a deep breath to calm herself, "you see, some sheets I washed and hung on the line had the name of a hotel on them. They'd been stolen in a robbery". I watched Polly and my own breathing became louder and louder as I listened to her confession. "And they said some porter at the hotel had been coshed. And a woman from around here told the police I had the sheets. Jealous, you see, of the new sheets. And when the police came, they found a spirit still making a few drops of gin". Polly took a long pause and looked out the window. I saw her eyes began to fill with tears. "And for that they took my children from me and they never told me where they took them. And they did it cause they could. Because I was weak". She turns to face me again. Now her face stonecold, directed to me "don't let them take Oscar because they can". I sigh "Poll. The results confirmed that Oscar isn't-" I couldn't even finish before Polly slammed her hand on my desk, "and what if its wrong?!" She loudly yelled, "what if someome falsified it?!". "Polly, I-", "you're just going to let that boy go so easily? Because some test said so?". No matter how I tried to talk to her, she kept talking over me. "Since when do you let people walk over you so easily" she scoffed shaking her head in dissappiontment. I looked down at the paper on my desk. It was the DNA result. Without saying anything to Polly I picked it up. I don't know why I did, I had looked over it maybe even a million times. Nothing about the document told me it was wrong what it had stated. My eyes wandered further and landed on a name. One that I have seen before and knew about it aswell. Marcus Lou. A man who came across us some years ago. He owed us money and we had to remind him to pay it on time in a not so nice way. John had went out on my order to collect the debt and during it he had cut the inside of Marcus's mouth. It took him many months to be able to talk again. "I wonder" I questioned to myself as I looked at the name again.

Published: 24th of January 2024

Update request:
leez12oh
Shadowsharks456
AlyssaLee998