Orphanage

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
While me and Alfie where arguing about what the other did wrong considering Oscar. I noticed that Alfie's dog Cyril trotted out of my house. I was certain that he was going to find his little friend all by himself before we could.

 I was certain that he was going to find his little friend all by himself before we could

(Oscar's P.O.V.)
My feet quickly carried me through the forest. Jumping over fallen trees, going through bushes and leaping over small streams. Eventually my lungs began to burn from running so long and I had to slow down. I sat down on a nearby rock to catch my breath. Suddenly I heard a branch snap and my heart skipped a beat. But I immediatly relaxed when I noticed Cyril's light brownish coat appear through the trees. He walked up to me and licked my face in a greeting. I laughed realizing I was now covered in dog slobber and pushed Cyril away. I pulled on my sleeve before wiping the slobber from my face. I stood up from the rock and continued my way to where ever.

I walked through the streets of Small Heath. It would've been a long walk from Mr Shelby's manor to Small Heath but I sneaked on the truck of a milkman who was doing his round. Cyril and I followed a horde of people who where going to church. The two of us stayed at the back of the church hall as I watched the children sing in their choir. Suddenly my arm was grabbed "you again. I have told you, the church is not a place for vagabond like you. And certainly not for animals" the same Priest as before said pulling me with him, "what about the stable?" I snapped looking towards the small decorative stable with baby Jesus in the manger, the parents, animals and the three kings. "There's a donkey and a cow" I pointed out. "They are not real. Now get out" the Priest replied pulling me further, "the cheek of that boy" a lady to my right hissed as I got pulled further. "Now get out. I don't want to see you here again. Understood!" He yelled and kicked me and Cyril out again. It began to snow harder and I decided to seek shelter together with Cyril where I could. Sadly, nothing was good enough and the snow was quick to covering us and began to get cold and tired. I don't know how long I was covered in snow when a policeman had woken me up and carried me to the station. There they warmed me and Cyril up by giving us both a blanket. "Here, take one" the police officer who found me said showing a plate with some food. I took a piece of bread and began to share it with Cyril. Then the head commisioner walked out with a friendly smile "I would like to keep you here for a while...  but I am afraid we'll have to think of something else. You'll have to understand that you have to stay somewhere else now that Ms Gimlet has passed" he said squatting down toy eye level. I had someone else, I thought to myself, but then he betrayed me. I nodded at the Commisioner and not long later Cyril and I both followed him. We arrived at a building and I saw a sign hanging by the door. But of course I had no idea what it said.

Orphanage for careless children

The commissioner knocked on the door and a boy around the age of 15-16 opened thw door. "We're here to see the director of the orphanage" the commissioner explaines. The long and slim boy turned to me and then looked at Cyril. "Dogs are not allowed in here" he told us, "off we go then, bye!" I said turning on my heel to leave but the Commissioner grabbed my shoulder turning me around "let's have a talk first" and pushed me inside. We followed the older boy to an office and met the director there. "My name is Striker" the director said shaking the hand of the commissioner, "the boys in the orphanage call me 'father'. This is Mrs Striker" he said pointing to the lady on his left, "she is the 'mother' of the orphanage. That makes it a bit more like a home" he explained before motioning for us to sit. I already didn't like this place after hearing his tell us what they are called. I sat down on one of the chairs but immediatly got scolded by the director. "Children are to remain standing". I rolled my eyes and stood up. "What is his name?" The director asked while grabbing a pen and paper, "Oscar" the commissioner replied to which Mr Strikee raised an eyebrow, "we don't know his last name". "I don't want to be in an orphanage. I'll just run away" I loudly stated, "children have no say in this household" Mr Striker loudly snapped at me, "You can't keep me here", "shut your mouth" Mr Striker angrily ordered before looking back at the paper in front of him, "where do you live?" He questioned me but I kept my mouth firmly shut and just glared at him. "Did you not hear me? I asked where you live?" He asked again but louder, "I can't shut my mouth and asnwer you at the same time" I sassed back at him, "Give me an asnwer! Where do you live". Mentally I smirked knowing I had ticked him off. "Here and there" I replied simply, "what kind of answer is that" he said annoyed, "excuse me, but would you be so kind to ask me these questions instead of arguing with the child?" The commissioner piped in trying tk defuse the situation, "then atleast we can achieve something". "Firdt, I want to know if Cyril can stay here" I asked crossing my arms, "who is Cyril?", "my dog" I answered Mr Strikers question, "we'll find a solution for that" Mrs Striker now began to ming herself into the conversation, "Oscar, will you come along to the dining room?" She said grabbing my shoulder in a friendly manner, "the dog can stay here for now" she said taking the leash from my hand and handing it to the Commissioner.

(Commissioner's P.O.V.)
After Oscar and Mrs Striker had left I turned my attention back on Mr Striker. "The boy must learn that life isn't fair" he said to me and I nodded my head agreeing with his statement. I stood up from the chair and bid my goodbye before taking th le Bullmastiff with me. Honestly I had no idea how the dog walked perfectly besides Oscar while he was pulling me from left to right. Untill he pulled hard enough that I had to let go and off he went. Running to god knows where.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I stopped the car as Alfie pointed at something, well someone familiar trotting up the road. I got out and watched Alfie and him have their reunion before I greeted Cyril who recognized me aswell.

"Please tell me you found him, eh? Where did you find him, Cyril" I asked the dog before looking around the country side

"Please tell me you found him, eh? Where did you find him, Cyril" I asked the dog before looking around the country side. Hoping to catch a glimpse of the young boy.

Published: 12th January 2023

Update request:
AnnaHoneycutt1