𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 12

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 12

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 12

THE TRAIN QUICKLY DRIVES OVER THE TUNNEL WE STAND UNDER. "My brother knows these tunnels really well. He worked sanitation down here." Castor tells us as he climbs down the ladder. "Right after they made him an Avox." Pollux walks forwards, away from us, and breathes heavily.

"Hey," Castor says gently and walks towards his brother. "You gonna be okay? Look at me." Pollux doesn't move and Castor repeats himself. "Look at me." He says softly and Pollux turns to look at him. "We're gonna get through this. I promise." Pollux sniffles and nods his head.

I let out a sigh and Katniss takes my hand. She squeezes it. I give her a small smile and watch as Pollux walks forward. "Took us five years to buy his way outta here." Castor tells me and I look at him. "He didn't see the sun once." I frown slightly. The Capitol are monsters.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

We walk through the tunnel and I hear a train approaching. I run and hide myself behind a wall, everyone else doing the same. The train speeds past us and I let out an exhale of relief. The Holo beeps and I turn to Pollux. "We're too exposed here." I say to him and he nods, looking around before motioning with his fingers for us to follow him.

We run down the tunnel and he opens a hidden door. He holds it open and lets us through. He leads us further through the door and to another ladder. Pollux motions for me to climb down it and I do, everyone following swiftly behind me.

I hold the Holo out again and see no pods. "Looks clear." I say and keep holding it as we walk through the wet underground area. A gas releases and I duck at the noise. I cover Katniss with my body, in case it's harmful. It stops suddenly and I move away. "Everybody okay?!" Jackson calls out. "Yeah!" I reply and we keep walking through the sewer area.

Water slowly gets thicker and it becomes a struggle to walk through it. The water rises up to my chest and I hold the Holo above the water. "Alright everybody. We're gonna stop here for a bit and get some rest, yeah?" I look to the side and see a small area with a ladder and an area on top of it untouched by the water.

"I'll take first watch!" Jackson calls out and I climb up another ladder to get to an open area filled with tunnels. Everyone uses a light on their guns to look through the tunnels to see if anyone is hiding there. I sit down and lean my back again a metal railing.

Katniss sits down next to me and I move my bow to be beside me. She does the same and her bow leans against the metal. Katniss takes my hands and hold them. We both fall asleep soon after.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

Someone taps my shoulder and I slowly open my eyes. Lieutenant Jackson stares at me. "Carabelle? Your watch." I nod and untangle my hands from my twin's and grab my bow as I stand up. I walk forward and sit myself by the ladder. Cato happens to sit there. Wide awake.