Only if

Priya's eyes were moist as she held the handle of her bag dragging it towards the stairs , while ram walked beside her with a gloomy face,

" Main utha leta hu ", ram offered as they approached the stairs .

" Nhi main ker lungi thankyou " , she appreciated his concern but now she had to carry on her journey alone so why not began now .

" Priya main le chalta hu na please ", he almost pleaded as he climbed down just behind her .

" Please let me ", she requested, the bag was heavy but not more than her heart which now she had to carry throughout her life.

He didn't pursue her more as if getting the hint of what was going inside her head , only if he knew what was going inside her head

" Priya are you sure ki tumne akele hi jana, tum agar chahti hu main tumhare sath na aau to atleast driver aur gadi to le jao " , he had asked her where she plans to go for which she had just replied that she will go to her friends place, but which friend that was unknown, only if he had spent a little more time with her in these three months he would have known her friends .

" Don't worry I'll be okay trust me " , she replied with a small smile turning to look at him as she had stepped down the last stair while he stood two steps back, these little gestures of him were making her weak .

She then moved her gaze towards shalini's room which was closed she sighed remembering how disappointed she was in her and had asked her to never call her mumma again if she decides to leave, and here she was standing with all her belongings ready to leave forever she didn't have the courage to go meet her like this ,

" mumma ko bye bol dijega meri taraf se " , she requested in a broken voice.

" Mumma kehti ho aur chor ke ja rhi ho " , he questioned stepping down now standing on the last step.

" Chor ke nhi ja rhi , jana pad rha hai kis haq se ruku " she replied her teary eyes gazing at his without a blink .

" Meri biwi na shi unki beti hone ke haq se ruk jao " , he pointed out sounding desperate .

" Unki beti thi kyuki aapki biwi thi, you were the thread which joined us "

" Aap bhi apna dhyan rakhiyega, bye ", she said her lips trying hard to form a smile but failing immensely.

" To meri biwi hone ke haq se hi ruk jao ", he finally voiced out loud as he saw her turning walking towards the door.

She stopped on her tracks hearing him ,

He quickly stepped down the last step , in hurried strides standing closer to her , his hand quickly making its way toward hers turning her to look at him , " meri biwi hone ke haq se ruk jao , ya kisi bhi haq se ruk jao bas ruk jao please " , he spoke as their teary gaze met .

" kyu rokna chahte hai mujhe sirf mumma ke lie " ,

He quickly shook his head, " apne lie " , he said in a whisper , " I love you , I love you a lot please ruk jao mat jao " ,

Tears rolled down her eyes, her lips curving up as she latched upon, hugging him tightly, hitting his chest with her one hand ,

" Ouch Priya lag rhi hai " , he whined,

" Phle nhi bol sakte the ", she said angrily breaking the hug slowly cupped his cheeks , " I love you too Ram, I love you a lot " ,

A heartfelt smile grazed his lips and a tear dropped down on his hand as he stood on the last step, breaking his trance , his gaze quickly moved towards her back who was just about to walk out .