Chapter Seven: Defiant DuGray

Start from the beginning

The lights in Theo's house were still on, including the ones in the hallways, making it easier for me to navigate my way to his front door. I smiled to myself, and turned the door knob. Wow, they sure are heavy sleepers. I slowly closed the door behind me, and made my way down the steps, and walked speedily over to Theo's bike, which was hiding in his bushes. It seemed to be shoved in there pretty deep, with branches sticking through the gaps in his wheels.

"Ugh, piece of junk!" My hands were pulling at the handles, trying to free it from the twigs and branches that sucked it even further into the bush, but to no avail. "Mmph!" I shut my eyes, and tugged on it even harder. The wet grass underneath me caused me to slip, landing on my ass on the cold, wet, front-yard. Fuck. You've got to be kidding me. "Fuck!" I called out, sitting in place, grimacing.

Shit, shit, shit. I hope no one hears me; I mean, I'm being pretty fuckin' loud right now. You know what? I'm not gonna let a stupid bicycle stop me for the second time again. Yeah, you're not gonna fucking win this time! I quickly stood up and dusted myself off, persevering through the throbbing pain piercing throughout my bottom.

With furrowed eyebrows, and a mind of steel, I gripped tightly onto the handles of the bike, determined to get it unstuck. "One, two, three–" All of a sudden, the bike came crashing down on me, and I knew I was going to come crashing down with it. I closed my eyes, preparing for the impact of the wet ground once again, except..

I wasn't on the ground.

Actually, I was being enveloped in a pair of strong, veiny, arms. Wait– muscular arms? The light illuminating from the living room window casted a fluorescent glow onto the front yard, making it clearer for me to see the arms that caught me. Veiny, tan..

Cody.

What the fuck? He's always trying to touch me! "Pervert!" I pushed the bike off me, and scurried to release myself from his grip. "Pervert? Are you fucking kidding me? I just saved your ass." Cody said, looking exhausted, rubbing his eyes with his right hand. "Who said I needed saving? Shoo, go back to sleep." I said, grimacing, not even bothering to look at him anymore. I zipped up my jacket, and bent down to pick up the fallen bike.

"Where do you think you're goin'?"

"None of your business, asshole."

"That's what I get for helping you?"

"You can help me by getting the fuck out of my sight."

Cody let out an audible sigh, clearly tired. I dusted off some leaves on the leather seat, before turning around to make sure he had left. "Go!" I said, eyebrows knitted in frustration. He was seriously getting under my skin. He never listens to anyone! "Harsh, Eric." He chuckled, and crossed his arms. "Well, you deserve it." He only smirked at my response.

"C'mon, just let me drive you home. It's the least I can do after annoying the fuck out of you today, yeah?" He walked over to me, and put a hand on my shoulder, "Ew!" I shrugged his hand off, and visibly grimaced. "Fuck, Eric, just.. Let me do something nice for you. I don't want you getting hurt. It's almost twelve in the fuckin' morning, who knows what could happen to you?" Even under the pale moonlight, I could see a hint of something in his eyes that I couldn't exactly name. Whatever it was, made me think about his offer.

"Do you remember what happened last time?" I crossed my arms defiantly. "Yeah.. But I'm not gonna do that this time, 'swear." Should I really let him drive me home? I was growing more and more confused by the second. "No. Leave me alone." I finally said, and held the bike by its handles as I dragged it away from him.

His footsteps were loud, and I could hear him making his way towards me, "Look, I'm sorry, alright? The fuck do you want from me? At least let me drive you home. I don't want you–" Annoyed, I stopped in my tracks, and turned to look at him in irritation, "Cody, stop! Just stop! I get home by myself, I don't need you–" Cody interrupted me mid-way throughout my sentence, his loud voice dominating mine, "Eric, don't disappoint me, okay?" He stepped closer to me, and began to gently caress my face, "You're so cute." He cooed. What the fuck?

"C'mon, be good for me, let's not put up a fight, okay?" His weird response made me at a loss for words, not knowing what to say. Cute? What the hell was he on about? "What are you–" My words were muffled by his palm being placed over my mouth, "Shh, stop talking. Just take my offer. I can't stand the thought of my pretty Eric being kidnapped." My left eyebrow raised up. What was he going on about?

I ripped his hand from my mouth, and reprimanded him, "Kidnapped? I'm not gonna get kidnapped! I–" Once again, he interrupted me, "I know, I know, shh. My little Eric knows how to take care of himself." He smiled at me, almost mockingly, before sliding his hand, that was on my cheek, down to my shoulder. "It's just.. I can't bear the thought of anything happening to you.. Let's not take chances, okay?" Ugh! I hate him! He was acting so weird, like he always does!

"Fine! Fucking fine! Since you won't quit whining!" Irritated, I threw Theo's bike to the side, and followed behind him to his parked car. "I knew you'd give in." Even though I couldn't see his face, I knew he was probably smirking. "But.. Don't be weird.. Got it?" My arms were crossed once again. I heard him chuckle before responding, "Got it, princess." Ugh, ew! "Don't call me that!" What a way to end off the night, in the same car I swore I'd never enter again. I can only hope that he'll actually take me home this time, and not someplace else.