you're insecure (requested)

Summary: Hailee asks Y/N to come in the shower with her, but Y/N is extremely and secretly insecure about her body.

Warnings: body dysmorphia

WC: 1172
__________________________________

"Bye, see you guys soon!" Hailee tells the guest as we're at the front door, accompanying them as they're leaving. They just spent the whole day with us at Hailee's house for a pool day, which was something that Hailee and I wanted to do for a long time.

I close the door after the guests said their 'byes' and turn to Hailee, her putting her hands on my waist as I put my arms around her neck. She brings me for a soft kiss before she speaks up.

"I'll go clean up in the yard, wanna come with me?" she asks me. "Yeah, let's go" I reply and we both walk towards the yard before cleaning everything there is. Beer bottles, pool mattresses, etc.

Hailee and I have been together for about two months and a half. We haven't done anything yet, if you know what I mean by anything. I won't lie, my body's not the cutest there is and I've always been a bit ashamed of it.

Hailee doesn't know about it yet, I hope that we won't have to do anything anytime soon, I'm scared of what she might think of my body. Of the cellulites, my not at all skinny tummy, my hip dips and so on.

After cleaning the yard, we both head to our room upstairs. Naturally, we both usually go take separate showers after being in the pool for a whole day, to be able to go to sleep all cleaned and comfortably.

Hailee normally goes first since I take more time in the shower. I go and lay on the bed and go on my phone like I normally do before my girlfriend asks me something that I was hoping not to get asked anytime soon.

"Hey babe, would you want to come and shower with me?" she asks me. I suddenly feel hotter and stressed, which I wasn't five seconds ago.

Oh no. No no no..

"Um.. Hailee I don't know.." I say quietly, sitting up stressfully and starting to play with my fingers while looking at my hands. She must notice that something's wrong because I see her sitting down on the bed beside me, taking both of my hands in hers, making me look up at her.

"Baby, what's wrong?" she then asks me, looking at me right in the eyes with a worried look. Hailee has always been there for me and helpful at my difficult times, which I couldn't be more grateful. However, I can't help but feel uncomfortable in this situation.

I look down at my lap again before I look everywhere around the room but at Hailee. She must notice the state that I'm in since she continues to ask me 'what's wrong' many times, but I never answer.

I'm ashamed, that's what's happening.

I see from the corner of my eye Hailee's expression changing as she must now understand what's making me stress so bad.

"I-I.. I" I try to explain, putting one arm around my stomach, trying to hide it from Hailee's view.

"Baby, baby no. Don't hide from me. You don't have to be ashamed" Hailee then says softly, talking my hand that was covering my stomach and squeezing both harder, before speaking again as I failed terribly at doing so.

"I love your body more than anything. Don't ever doubt that" she then tells me and puts one hand on my stomach, stroking it softly with her thumb.

"Hailee, I really don't know.. I-" I start speaking again before she cuts me off.

"Babe. Again, you've got nothing to be ashamed of. Your body is the most beautiful I've ever seen. I want you to see yourself the way I see you, because God you're beautiful" she tells me, making me smile.

I've always been ashamed of my body. Well.. not always but since I started being on social media. All these women who have perfect bodies make me feel inferior. Hailee has a perfect body.

I'm so stressed right now. I won't lie, I'm close to panicking. It's not for nothing that I don't ever go in the pool when guests are home. I hate showing my body. And now that Hailee wants to see it completely, I feel as if I'll freak out while being in the shower.

"Just trust me, let me show you how beautiful you are. I'll be with you the whole time" she then tells me with a smile, making me get out of my deep thoughts and look back at her.

I'm scared, but I trust Hailee. I trust her more than anyone else. When she tells me something, I know that she deeply means it.

Therefore, I nod to her before she takes my hand and guides me to the bathroom.

As she helps me take off my clothes, she gives me kissed everywhere on my body. My shoulders, my cheeks, my nose, my mouth, my arms and hands, and my chest.

She gets undressed while I'm already in the shower, letting the hot water wet my hair. I then suddenly feel two arms circle my stomach and I smile.

I'm still nervous like crazy, but at least Hailee's incredibly good at making me feel better about myself.

"Do you feel better?" she asks me. I shrug my shoulders before speaking. "I'm just scared of what you'll think of me if you see... this" I respond to her, looking down on my body. I then feel her fingers under my chin, lifting it up so that I look at her.

"Well this.. is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. You're gorgeous. Absolutely magnificent. I don't care what other people think about you, and you shouldn't either. Because you are insanely hot, and I'm not lying. Never believe that you're not beautiful, inside and outside. Because you are. Nothing about your body is ugly, nothing" she tells me, making me let out a giggle.

I know that when Hailee says something, she means it. She never lies and chooses her words carefully. So, when she tells me something like this, I believe it.

"I hit the freekin' jackpot" she finishes with a wide smile, making me smile wider. She then gives me a passionate kiss which I give her right back, putting both of my arms around her neck and hers around my waist while we're still getting drenched by the water.

For the rest of the shower, Hailee helps me to wash my body as she tells me the cutest words, ones that help me feel so much better about myself.

Words like 'you're so beautiful', 'I'm so lucky to have you', 'I love your body' and 'I love you'.

Honestly, I am so lucky to have her as my girlfriend. I couldn't wish for more. She's and always will be my whole world.