she visits your native country

A/N: Inspired by true stories of mine, just for your information!🙃

*warnings: fluff
__________________

y/n's pov:

I'm currently preparing my suitcase to go visit my family back in Canada. I haven't seen them in such a long time and since march break started today, I figured that it'd be a pretty great timing to spend time with my family that lives so far away.

Hailee, my girlfriend, will also be accompanying me in that small trip. Of course, she didn't want to waste the opportunity to meet my family for the first time and to be able to know what a true "winter with snow" is like. When I told her that I was going back to my native home, she got so excited that she immediately canceled all her plans for the upcoming week to come with me. That's what I like so much about our relationship; family always stays more important than work.

She finished her suitcase this morning, but as usual, I'm doing it late. Our flight's in approximately 3 hours, but we need to leave my house in about an hour to be able to arrive there on time. Hailee's the one who wants us to leave really early, and I guess that she takes that from her mom. She says that it's better to arrive early than late, so there's no chance of us missing our flight and she's absolutely right.

After about 15 minutes, with Hailee helping me finish my suitcase or else we would be late again, we left the house and were on our way to the airport.

"I seriously cannot wait to meet your family and to see that beautiful snow that you've been telling me so much about! I feel like it's gonna be the best vacations I've had in a long time, that's for sure." she told me.

"I'm happy that you're so excited about it my love, it's really beautiful. Did you bring yourself mittens and a hat?" I responded.

"I only brought my beanie, but I didn't know I needed mittens." she then said.

"It's fine, we'll just buy them in a shop once we arrive at the airport. I promise you, with a temperature of -40 degrees, you'll be happy to have mittens." I told her, giggling at her shocked reaction.

"-40 degrees?! You must be kidding." she said.

"Nope, I'm not joking. It's really cold. But if you're perfectly dressed, you won't even feel the cold. By that I mean a hat, mittens, a coat with a hoodie and joggings and good boots and good socks."

"We're going to the north pole or what?" she asked me laughing.

"Almost." I told her winking.

About 20 minutes later, we arrived at the airport. We rapidly went into the closest shop and bought the best mittens for cold temperatures and hurried to go through customs and all of that. Once we got through, we went to buy snacks and drinks to bring on the plane before making our way to our gate. We were getting on a private plane, Hailee's of course, so we didn't need to wait for a certain time before taking off. The pilot's ready when we're ready.

Once in the plane, we sat down, both beside each other so we could sleep during the flight. The plane's crew needed to check if everything was alright and, due to the cold temperature, they needed to put a certain product on the wings of the plane for it not to get damaged. Because of that, the plane took off after about 5 to 10 minutes. Hailee's head fell on my shoulder and I saw her close her eyes. Poor baby, she's been working so hard lately. She needs the rest.

We flew for about 3 to 4 hours until we arrived in Montreal. Hailee was still fast asleep on my shoulder and, I'm not gonna lie, my arm was starting to get numb a bit.