how did you meet?

A/N: can we just please admire the cuteness of the cover picture? okay I'm done, enjoy!

*warnings: fluff

________________

y/n's pov:

It was the middle of the afternoon. My daughter Sofia and I were in the car, coming back from our long drive to the grocery store. Hailee, my girlfriend and Sofia's mom, was still at home, waiting for us for dinner. A song started playing in the car, Lyin' Eyes by the Eagles more precisely.

"Hey Mama, what's that song?" my 9 years old asked me.

"That, honey, is a classic. Your Mom and I's favorite band." I responded, happy to talk about it.

"How come I never heard about it before?" she asked me.

"Oh you did sweety, believe me. Maybe not this song but you grew up with the Eagles. Your mom and I made sure of it!" I replied. I changed the song to One Of These Nights, a song that I know she knows well.

"Oh that! Yes I know it!" she said and started vibing cutely to the music. I giggled to her actions.

"Oh course you do honey! But you know, there's a story behind this song" I said.

"What story?" she asked me, curious of my answer. I turned down the volume a bit.

"Well let me tell you that this is the first song that your mom and I danced to when we were young. Right before we started dating." I told her. I could see her even more curious to know more about all of this.

"I just remembered this mama, you never told me you guys' story" she said to me.

"It'll be a pleasure to tell you sweetheart! Your mom and I met in senior year, which is the final year of high school. It was on graduation day to be more precise" I started.

"Was mom already famous at the time?" she then asked.

"Yes she was. But you see honey, in the world it doesn't matter if someone's famous or not to love them. You need to know the real person inside. When I first saw your mom, I felt that thing called "love at first sight", that's when we first started talking" I explained.

"Did mom feel it too? Love at first sight?" she asked.

"She did yeah. We didn't really know each other because she was being homeschooled at the time, so graduation day was actually the first time I saw her. I knew about her because she was in movies and such, but we never saw each other in real life" I continued, still driving.

"Did you freak out when you saw her? She was still an actress, many people must have freaked out right?" she then questioned.

"No I didn't, but many people did. Your uncle was there that day so it helped a bit too, he was like her protector! She was actually the first one to notice me, you know. She came and talked to me first before I did. Not because I didn't care about her, I always loved her acting. I just had a sense of respect. Your mom's still a normal human being after all. It's maybe even the reason why she noticed me, I was one of the only people who respected her privacy and acted like she was a normal person. It's important, it's what we all need" I told her.