3 - There's nothing to talk about.

Back to NATHAN'S POV

I'm on my way to work after my morning classes and I'm already anticipating a rather slow day today. Wednesday's aren't exactly a laundry type of day for most people. I usually appreciate these kinds of days since I'll have time to either study or just do my own thing, but I don't really have the energy to do much today.

As expected, I spot Henry typing away on his phone looking as bored as ever until he looks up at the sound of the door closing. "Finally," he sighs, jumping down from his chair and rounds the counter to pat me on the back for some 'encouragement'. "Have a good shift!" And with that, he walks, almost runs, right out the door without another word. Wow, what a friend.

As I sit down behind the counter, something catches my eye below the counter. The corner of the magazine I found myself flipping through the last time I was bored at work. That was almost three weeks ago...

Which type of arrogant are the richest of the rich in our country?

First up: Kalen Axford

I pick it back up, originally skimming through the various articles before landing on that same one from last time. Totally unintentional. Before I know it, my eyes are skipping to the part I last left off at.

Exclusive Interview with THE Kalen Axford:

"So, Mr. Axford, how would you describe yourself in three words?"

"Straightforward, honest, selfish."

"Man of few words huh? How did you get to where you are today?"

"Simple. I worked smart, not hard."

"Okay... This is a question from our readers: Are you single?'

"How is that business related?"

"It's not, I suppose. People were curious."

"Pointless questions lead us nowhere, are we done here?"

"Final question: Who is the most important person in your life?"

"They know who they are, the whole world doesn't need to know. We're done here."

Well, my dear readers. I suppose it isn't difficult to figure out what kind of man Kalen Axford is, am I right? Check out next week's article for an exclusive update on none other than Ashley and her relationship with co-star Tanner!

By the time I reach the journalist's 'conclusion' my eyes are already almost instinctively rolling. There's no way people actually think things like this are an accurate reading of someone's personality. Sneaking a last glance at the magazine, I push it back into its rightful place before focusing back on work. He doesn't seem to be a chatty person though. Not like I can blame him... Those questions were ridiculous.

Before I can even turn to make my way further into the shop, I end up stopping right in my tracks at the sound of the door's bell ringing. With the plan to multitask, I spin back around with a shirt in hand, placing a tag to it as I greet one of the few customers we're probably going to be getting today.

"Hello, what can I do for you to..." my voice trails off as the sentence continues once I snap my eyes up. "...day?" The t-shirt in my hand drops to the floor and with less than graceful tact, I kneel to pick it right back up, using the time hidden behind the counter to compose myself. What is he doing here? That's not him, right? I must be seeing things or their resemblance is just crazily uncanny. Yeah... there's no way that's him-

"N-Nathan...?" Any resemblance of composure is quickly lost as soon as the whisper of a voice manages to make it past all of the whirring coming from the machines behind me. Crap.