Chapter 50 : Potato Pancake Tower (II)

It was like the surrounding competitors all heaved a sigh of relief

It was probably because Lisa had gotten 9 points in the previous competition and made every feel the pressure. Since she'd never made potato pancake towers before, there was a high probability that she will make mistakes, and thus give the others a chance to up their ranking.

At this time, Dr Xie who was in the audience made a call to someone.

"I'm very curious, why would the judges choose potato pancake towers as the test? What's so special about this dish?"

"If it were potato pancakes, then there's only the need for potatoes to be shredded, then easily fried in the frying pan. But if it were potato pancake towers, potato cubes are used instead, and not shredded potatoes."

"So...... if the timing isn't controlled well, the potato pancake tower will end up raw?"

"Yes. The other thing is the seasoning. It isn't as easy to marinate potato cubes compared to potato shreds, so one has to be more careful with the seasonings too."

Dr Xie rubbed his forehead: "Sounds like a real headache. It seems like Lisa has never made potato pancake towers before, aren't you worried?"

"she knows all the skills that are needed for this dish."

At this time, Annalise used a dining knife to cut the potato cake open, and let everyone have a clear to what was inside the potato tower.

There was a thin layer of starch coating the potato, and in between the potato cubes were soft white shrimp.

Lisa took a deep breath, the time for the potato cubes and shrimps to be cooked were different. The shrimps need to be cooked earlier than the potato cubes, which means that the two ingredients have to be prepared separately, if you're not careful, the shrimps could be over fried till they lost their texture, while the potato cubes are still raw ah!

The other participants too were starting to think.

Lisa stared hard at the screen, furrowing her eyebrows. Not only that, but she had to be careful about the seasoning too. The shrimp need to add a layer of deliciousness to the pancake tower, but the problem is to make the flavours of the shrimp and potato shocking, to let this shock put people in wonder, she has to be extremely careful.

"everyone has received the main of this dish, following, please get your other spices and ingredients from the food warehouse that the organizers have prepared for you. Everyone has to carefully consider, and give it thought before leaving. Do not leave the area and then one of you tell me, that you've forgotten salt!"

Everyone laughed. This is a really kind reminder. Indeed, the most easily forgotten ingredients are the simplest.

"everyone, please remember, that before the start of the competition, everyone has 10 minutes to choose anything that you might need. But when the competition starts, if any of you plans to enter the food warehouse, it will use your competition time."