Chapter 49 : Potato Pancake Tower (I)

Start from the beginning

This was the first time that Lisa had tasted chocolate that carried a spiciness, but this kind of spiciness gave the original balance of flavours a little surprise.

This didn't only come from Jungkook's gift, but also his coaching.

He never told her how to do things, but let her think about what needed to be done.

At this time, Jungkook sat on the terrace, with Mayer reciting the news to him.

Jungkook sat quietly on the sofa, right hand holding a cup of perfectly hot tea.

"Right, Sir, Timothy Viktor is also participating in the competition. Isn't this considered fraud, he has learned from Mrs Quentin about cooking since he was young and is a genius."

"During the auditions, what did the competition committee request of the participants?"

"To not be professionals."

"In that case, he actually hasn't violated the competition rules. He indeed isn't a professional chef."

"this is only a loophole that Mrs Quentin got. She must've heard about this news from somewhere, that the auditions will choose the worst dish. It is impossible for Ke Song to win if she were to face Timothy Viktor. That kid has been going in and out of a kitchen since he was 6."

"I've never asked for Lisa to win." Jungkook calmly replied.

"Sir, it's obvious that Mrs Quentin wants to use this opportunity to gain fame."

"I've never thought to use Lisa to gain fame."

Mayer exasperatedly gushed: "Sir, Mrs Quentin obviously doesn't think that way. I even suspect, that Iris had already known about her mother's intentions, but didn't tell you."

"This isn't what we need to worry. Mayer, anyone who wants to climb over people, are more tragic than normal people when they fall. So there's no need to be anxious Mayer, wait patiently, and you will definitely see the results you want to see."

Mayer gaped, and in the end, didn't say anything.

At this time, Nina walked in, "Sir, Ms Lisa has left, does this mean her room can be cleared up?"

"Just clean it ba."

"I'll bring those books back to your study room."

"Don't bother about those books. leave them be at the places she left them."

Nina looked doubtingly at Mayer, Mayer nodded back at her.

"If you care about Lisa, you can actually go to the venue to watch her compete."

"I will go, but not now."

"Sir?"

"wait till she feels that my presence is motivation, and not pressure."

"Alright ba. There's another thing, Song's family Song Yi Fan has come to New York, it looks like he really wants to work with the Jeon's."

"What does he want to do?"

"Maybe he wants to participate in your New York Street Food Project. Or maybe, he hopes that a restaurant by Jeon Co. can settle in one of the new hotels that the Song family invested in."

"can't even guarantee profitability for the former, the latter is more in his interest."

"Yes, he can borrow your name to upgrade his new hotel."

"His motive is too obvious, a world of difference from his brother."

Mayer laughed.

Lisa searched for a very long time, but there was no vase at her uncle's, she could only make do with a glass cup, fill it with water, and place the climbing rose in it, and bring it back to her room.