61 : If You Want It

Start from the beginning

  He ran his hands through his hair, making it stand on end. "I spent ages doing that." EJ grumbled. "It looked good as well."

  "What are we looking for?" Somehow, Martha was still on the task at hand... he didn't understand how, nor did he care to ask. The distractions kept him alive.

  "I don't know. Say, any patient admitted in the last week with usual symptoms." He grabbed onto the computer and looked behind the monitor. "Maybe there's a backup..."

  "Just keep working." Martha told them, backing away. "I'll go and ask Mr Stoker. He might know."

     The Doctor worked on the back up, and EJ stared at him as he did. Although, he hoped that it wouldn't take an age. He wanted to see more of the Judoon... but if that was dangerous, then he needed to stay away. Instead, he struck up conversation.

     "You like her, don't you?" EJ asked as he leant against the chair where the Doctor sat in front of him. "You really like her."

  "I'm busy, EJ."

  His vagueness of interest didn't deter the Thompson boy as he picked up a packet of custard creams from the desk. "I mean, I like her too. Well, she looks at you a lot... everyone looks at you a lot, you're gorgeous, and I-"

  "Ezra, I'm busy." He reiterated.

  "And I love when you call me Ezra." It came out like a whisper into the Doctor's ear, his bright blue eyes piercing as their gaze met. "But only you. I couldn't... I couldn't bare it if anyone else called me Ezra."

  The Doctor took his hand, squeezed it once, and then pulled him through the door and out of the room. "I've done it, come on."

     It always took EJ a moment to remember that the Doctor wasn't human, and he didn't process things like a human. He'd been so many people, and he had done so many things. They were never going to be consistent.

     As they hurtled towards the end of the corridor, they stumbled into Martha. It was a rather happy accident, because it meant they didn't have to run anymore. EJ was glad of it. He was quite sweaty, and his heart felt like it was beating to the high heavens. Someone hated him, somewhere.

    "I've restored the backup." The Doctor announced.

  EJ raised his hand, rather proud of himself. "I found biscuits!"

  Martha seemed the most breathless of the three of them. "I found her!"

  "You did what?" His eyes widened as the Doctor pressed. Though, when a door was flattened by a leather-wearing man with the bicycle helmet, they had little time to converse as the Doctor held onto EJ's free hand with all of his strength. "Run!"

     There weren't many places that they could run to, not with the Judoon forcing them to turn when they reached the stairwell. Luckily, EJ was being dragged along, because he had no idea where they were going. His sense of direction was getting worse by the second.

     They turned into a set of corridors which looked more than a little preloved. If they were skin, they would be beaten and bruised, purple, and raw. EJ knew the sight. However, the three of them didn't spend long there, being pushed by the Doctor down another avenue. He pushed them into the room, sonicing the door behind them. EJ didn't even know where they were.

     "When I say now, press the button!" The Doctor said, swiftly, urging them behind the screen. That was when it clicked. It was an X-Ray room.

  Martha's eyes widened as she called back to him. "But I don't know which one!"