Chapter 47 : Battle of the senses of taste

Start from the beginning

Hearing her luggage being put in the boot and the slam of the car cover was like cutting off her nerves.

She turned around, saw the image of Jungkook holding his cane at the door, and she suddenly had a premonition.

No matter where she went, this man will always be looking at her.

"this is new." The driver smiled glancing at the rear-view mirror, "are you very nervous?"

"Even though my mentor hopes that I enjoy this process, I can't help feeling nervous." Lisa replied sheepishly.

"Haha, Mr Jeon is indeed a person indifferent to fame and fortune. He has never been like other who spend energy worrying for the sake of a little praise, but every time he introduces new dishes, people will naturally rush for it. But in this industry, there's definitely many who wish to see him fall from the peaks of the clouds, people's jealousy us always so frightening."

Lisa clutched her hands into a tight fist, "If I fail, will it make him look bad?"

"Haha, don't worry. You only need to do your best, and not be the last and it'll be fine. If someone were to criticise him because of your failure, then there will be even more people who will stand up to protect him. His eyes cannot see, and making him mentor like other chefs is already an unfairness."

Lisa gaped, unable to finish her words.

Her reputation is already linked to Jungkook.

The car left the quiet villa area, and entered the city.

They got to the venue where "Master's show" will be held, Leidewensen hotel

Lisa got a nameplate from the competition committee. She placed it on herself, and walked into the lift.

"Hey, Lisa! Didn't think I'd meet you here!"

"Bruce! It's you!" Lisa's heart calmed down a lot more after seeing a familiar face.

Bruce laughed saying to Lisa: "My granddad and Mrs Bell will be cheering for me. What about you, Lisa?"

Lisa was stunned, she lowered her head smiling, "I only have my uncle here. He is the chef of a Chinese restaurant, and is usually really busy, so......"

There was also Lin Xiao Xue, but she didn't think that this cousin would cheer for her.

"that's alright, I know one person who would definitely come." Bruce blinked, patted Lisa's shoulder.

"Who ah?"

"Secret."

The lift reached the top floor. Staff ushered them to the big door of the venue.

When the heavy thick door was opened, Lisa suddenly got nervous.

The bright lights, the applauding audience, these all were hard for Lisa to adjust to.

This was a lecture venue that was changed to a competition ground. The center of the venue was 10 independent bright white porcelain counters.

Knife sets and chopping boards were placed on top of the counters, and a one piece oven was placed under the counter.

The venue was surrounded by an auditorium, reminding Lisa of the lecture halls during her university days.

With the entrance of the participants, applause sounded one after another, the enthusiasm of the audience was very high.

Lisa took a look at her surroundings, and suddenly had a confused feeling of not knowing where her place was in this world.

Even the lights abouve her head made her unable to open her eyes.