[Request] 💜🤍 🗝️🪷 It Was My Fault (SMG3 x Reader)

Comenzar desde el principio

[Timeskip until three weeks later]

Today was the day. It had been three long weeks since the incident. Since I'd failed SMG3.

I hadn't seen him since then. I just... couldn't bring myself to. It was my, and only my, fault that the Tsundere was in the hospital in the first place.

And I knew that he was worried about me and how I was coping. Whenever SMG4 and the rest of the crew went up there he would ask after me. Even though I wished that he didn't, and just forgot about me. Maybe none of this would've happened if he had.

'Today's the day I finally see him.' I thought with a sigh.

SMG4 and I had already agreed and organised for him to take me to the hospital that was holding 3. It was too late to change anything now. Plus, 4 would probably just drag me there against my will if I decided against it. He'd been desperate for me to see his fellow Meme Guardian again ever since he first asked after me.

"Come on, Eggdog, let's go see your dad," I said, defeated, as the egg-shaped pup jumped into my hands.

I'd been the one to look after Eggdog over the last few weeks, as there was no way that 3 could, and I was the best with dogs out of the group.

I felt a tear slither its way down my cheek as I remembered the heartbroken look in his black eyes when I'd first come home without his dad by my side. It had been enough to make me properly cry then, and it still hurts now.

"You ready to go?" SMG4 asked from behind me, gratefully cutting off my thoughts.

"No, but, I don't really have a choice, do I?" I asked rhetorically, just holding back tears. As I turned, his dark blue eyes filled with concern as he saw my tear-stained face.

"Nope, but... you'll be fine," he promised, and I nodded my head in response. But my thoughts were already thinking the opposite and coming up with every single situation in which today could go wrong.

'What if 3 hated me? What if he wished that I was the one who had almost died? What if...'

[Timeskip until SMG4 drops them off at the hospital and Y/N and Eggdog are inside]

Eggdog let out a small whine, which matched exactly how I was feeling, and suddenly jumped out of my hands, rolling onto the hard floor as he landed, and ran into a room on the left-hand side of the hallway I was standing in. Panicked thoughts immediately crept into my mind as I realised that I'd just lost him and that SMG3 was never going to forgive me for doing so.

"...E...Eggdog...?" I heard a deep voice say tearfully as the sound of happy barking echoed around my ears.

'That voice...' I thought, and tears began to run down my face. 'That's the voice of the man I love.'

Quickly, I followed Eggdog's paw prints and entered the room to find him more than happily licking the face of a 24-year-old Australian man. He had shoulder-length black hair that was tied up and a black beard that parted directly above the centre of his upper lip. His dark red eyes, which were filled to the brim with pure joy-filled happiness as his dog continued to lick his face, traced me up and down as I entered the room. SMG3.

"Y...Y/N...?" he said, clinging onto any hope that he had left that it was actually me.

I only silently nodded my head twice in response, continuing to walk towards him. I didn't even know what I was going for - his hand, maybe? But I suddenly stopped dead in my tracks as I began to cry more.

He had bandages wrapped tightly around his chest. And they had a brown mark on them in a circle. Blood. His blood. He still wasn't completely healed. He was still in pain. And it was my fault.

Once he realised that it was truly me, he started to cry too. I had never seen him cry at anything before, yet it felt oddly... right.

This wasn't how I expected today to go. The two of us. In a room together. Crying our eyes out.

[Timeskip until Y/N and SMG3 have stopped crying and can speak again]

"Why did you choose to save me in the first place? If you hadn't, you could've stopped The Adware, and this entire thing would be over." SMG3 coughed out, wiping his tears away with his purple sleeve.

Eggdog had already moved to his side, and now the two of us could properly look at and talk to each other. I felt my heart break at how weak and exhausted he looked.

What 3 had said was true, but I'd already made a promise to myself not to lose him. Losing him was like losing a part of myself.

Even though I had failed to stop The TV Adware and I and everyone else was still in danger, 3 and his life came above that. And I was going to protect him, no matter the cost.

"Because I learned the hard way that some things are more important than winning a fight. I'd already failed at being able to protect you, 3; I couldn't then let you die as well." I said firmly, looking down at the white hospital floor. I wasn't about to make the same mistake twice. Not like I had with Axol.

"And I couldn't fight him alone-" I went to say before he cut me off.

"But you aren't alone though; you have SMG4 and the others," he pointed out, clearly missing the point of what I was trying to say.

"That's true. But they aren't you, SMG3. Don't you see? Without you, he's already won... at least as far as I'm concerned..." I muttered as a thin blush appeared on my face.

"What are you getting at here?" he asked, confusion in his eyes and a blank expression on his face.

"I love you, 3, and I always have. I got into this mess by your side, and I'm going to get back out of it again, still there." I promised, and, as I looked at him shyly, I realised that his face was beetroot red. His mouth opened and closed, but no words or even sound came out of it. He was speechless.

"I'm not abandoning you. I'm not going anywhere. Not until this mess is sorted out and you're back to full health anyway." I finished with a smile, partly taking advantage of the fact that he couldn't speak.

1722 words