four. seal the deal, the devil will find its next meal

CHAPTER FOUR— seal the deal, the devil will find its next meal

CHAPTER FOUR
seal the deal, the devil will find its next meal

THE SHOT OF THE BULLET kept firing, even after shooting once. Monoma was sat on a bed, wearing fresh clean clothes that were a tad bit bigger than him- left alone to lose track of time, his periwinkle irises kept tracked of every line in his palm, every minuscule details of every detail.

Between blinks, they were dirty again. Blood covering his hands, he could feel it through his imagination. The stickiness of the liquid that irked him with edge.

Brilliant.

So, to escape from those thoughts his eyes wandered around the room. It was kept very clean but still disorganized in some places, stacked in unusual places. Whilst hearing that rooms reflect the head space of people— Monoma wondered if this was how Kotori functioned.

Even when it was still messy, the blonde clearly saw a more artistic aspect of it. With random sketches of gadgets taped all around her walls with very few old bands and movie posters— her drawing takes up the most space though.

And instead of a shelf of books of fine literacy of classics and fantasies, what Monoma has in his own space, they were filled with comics and mangas— and random robotics and coding books.

What caught his attention was a pair of worn down ballet slippers sitting on her drawer, entangled in their own dirty laces— she does ballet?

Hearing the door open, he turned his attention away as a familiar girl stepped in. She wore comfortable black pants and a black hoodie— her hair still damp from her shower, Monoma perked. Smelling fresh lime and sweet citrus from her, but the person wasn't likewise of what those scents may be like. 

Kotori silently went to her study desk, searching for something as he heard the cluttering of objects. She wasn't exactly the sweetest and by the looks of the expression on her face, she was far from fresh- tired, exhausted and solemn. He sort of expected it- " About the warehouse incident, " she unexpectedly turned.

" I wouldn't be surprised if the police had tails us on by now- had tails on us by now. I left some blood back there, and we weren't really laying that low before, but the fire probably- " 

" What's going to happen to us now? I'm studying and working so diligently to become a hero. Kotori, you're literally a support-course student at Japan's most prestigious school. " The boy interrupted, with the stakes of him of losing all of his hard work being so high- and trying to keep up with a mental state that's wildly aware of the crime he had just committed. Monoma Neito was more than frustrated. The girl swallowed a lump, " I-I don't know. "

Snatching his phone on her bedside table, as he got up. " I'm going to report this- "

Kotori hurriedly slammed her door shut, standing in front of him with a harsh stare. " No. " She firmly sentenced- the other fellow had his patience growing thin— if she's not willing to suck to this mess that fine, but at least let him report it. " What else is there for us to do? "