Chapter 26

AUTHOR'S POV

Arjun answered the call, "Yeah, Sambhav?" Sambhav quickly relayed the situation, "Arjun sir, Dad got sudden heart pain; we are taking him to M.M Hospitals." Arjun assured, "Don't worry, Sambhav. We are coming to the hospital. I'll talk to the doctors there." He then disconnected the call.

Alisha, concerned, asked, "Is Arjun coming?" Sambhav, avoiding a direct response, pleaded, "Didi, it's time to think about Dad. Please don't make any scene. I request." Saying so, Sambhav parked the car and hurried inside the hospital, focusing on the urgent situation at hand.

Meanwhile, at Sharma House, everyone was enjoying dinner. Dev was busy teasing Siya, creating a light atmosphere. Arjun attempted to reach Shiv but received news that he was in an operation. Instead, he called Dev. Dev, answering the call, jokingly said, "Arjun, I think you meant to call Laddu. Are we having a romantic talk between us?" Siya playfully slapped Dev's hand.

Arjun, getting straight to the point, urged, "Dev, come to MM Hospitals fast; there is an emergency." Dev, sensing the seriousness, responded, "Arjun, what happened?" Siya, sensing the seriousness signalled, "Dev, to put it on speaker." Dev complied, and Arjun shared the distressing news, "Mr. Jayanth Thakur, a very dear family friend of ours, got a heart stroke. Please come to the hospital fast." The gravity of the situation prompted an immediate response from Dev and Siya.

Dev, assuring Arjun, stated, "Don't worry, Arjun. I'll be there as soon as possible." Meera, who overheard the conversation, asked Dev about Arjun's mention of Jayanth Thakur being in the hospital. Dev, looking at Meera, confirmed, "Yeah, Amma, and he sounds so worried."

Meera, concerned, turned to Prakash, saying, "Prakash, we have to go to the hospital." Prakash agreed, saying, "Definitely, Meera. Dev, ready the car; let's go." Siya, eager to join, suggested, "Amma, even I'll come." Meera, considering the situation, expressed her reservations, "We don't know the situation there, Siya. What if the press is there? Amma, please, it's a hospital, and no one can recognize. Please."

Dev, understanding siya's concern, replied, "It's okay amma. Laddu come, let's go. Shiv is in the operating theatre, along with Krishna. Let's go fast."

Dev took charge, talking to the doctors attending Jayanth Thakur, providing necessary instructions. Siya, sensing Dev's need to focus on the medical situation, offered her assistance, saying, "Dev bhaiyya, let me drive. You talk to them." Siya took over the driving, with Meera and Prakash sitting in the back seat, allowing Dev to concentrate on coordinating with the medical team for Jayanth's care.

Meanwhile Arjun, back at home, relayed the distressing news to the family. "Dadu, Jayanth Uncle is at the hospital; he got a sudden heart attack. I received Sambhav's call. Dev is on the way; he is a very efficient cardiologist. Let's go to the hospital," Arjun informed, a sense of urgency in his voice.

He instructed the security to arrange transportation to the hospital, and soon the members of the Malhotra family were en route. The atmosphere was tense as they all rushed to the hospital, anxiously awaiting updates on Jayanth Thakur's condition.

Arjun and the family arrived at the hospital. Janaki, Vasundhara, and Radha went to comfort Raashi, who was in a bad state, crying and deeply affected by Jayanth Thakur's situation.

Alisha observing Arjun, who was engrossed in a conversation with Sambhav and Aditya, she thought to herself Arjun didn't look at me once neither tried to console me what i have I done to deserve his cold shoulder.