Chapter -5

What..?

"Wei Long fei..?"
The crown prince? The main male lead?

Oh dear.. ok now I am ready to die.
Sleeping beauty is the one who sent the original Xinyi to guillotine afterall.

"Host, are you okay..?" Zen asked slowly as it felt it's host mood got down after he revealed the information.

Sigh.. what's done is done,no use in crying over the spilled milk.
But..what should I do..?

"Nothing Zen ,I was hoping to avoid the main characters but I didn't expect to save one " Xinyi said feeling complicated but she doesn't regret it ,afterall in the end ,he too is a human.

Zen understood where it's host going, understanding her situation.

"Host..,this our first world ,so you may think we can finish our mission with avoiding the plot but it won't work out in all the other worlds, so always be ready for unexpected things and turns"Zen said gently like a teacher teaching a kid who doesn't know about the world.

"I will leave now , think about it host" with that Zen went offline leaving it's host to think alone.

"Hmm, expect the unexpected huh?" Xinyi thought and went to deep thinking and finally she understood that she can run away from something but not always,so she must be ready for facing the situation instead of worrying about it only then she can find answers.

She felt grateful for having Zen as her partner ,he helped her clear off her mind.
This is why friends are needed.

Now ,what to do about this sleeping beauty?
I got it ,since I saved him, in the future,he will remember my kind deed and let me off the hook if any trouble were to rise!
I am such a genius.
Hehe..

Xinyi felt good. She took a last glance at the male lead and went off to read her medicine book somewhere.

____________________

After three days , the sleeping beauty still didn't wake up.
Hmm, he surely live up to his name.
Was she worried that he was not waking, not at all!
The more he is unconscious ,the more she can make him feel guilty if he tried to kill her.
After all in the original novel,he was someone with high sense of justice,so he will think twice before he does something cruel to others which is quite advantageous for her.

Even after not taking proper food and water, he still managed to be beautifully handsome.
Is this the plot amour ?
Thinking back,what would have happened if she not was not there?
Maybe the priest would have saved him , I guess.

Well, break time is over! Let's go back to the book ,where did I left?
Ah, the effects of the hibiscus is-

Ruffle Ruffle

What!

Xinyi heard some noise and looked to the male lead's direction. Did he wake up?
But there were no movements. Weird.

Maybe she was overthinking.
Xinyi shrugged off and continue to read her book but as soon she turned her attention to the book a hand pinned her to the wall by the neck almost choking her.

Who...are ...you? What... do you want?", the male lead asked in rough voice since was unconscious and did not speak for a awhile.

Xinyi was shocked, she saved him risking her family's safety but he is trying to kill her?!
What the hell?!

"If ... I wanted to... hurt..you , I could have done it....while you were ... unconscious", Xinyi chocked out these words feeling her consciousness fading away.

After a few seconds, Wei Long Fei let her go. Xinyi coughed violently while taking deep breaths as she slid to the ground and the whole time he watched her with cold eyes.

Wei Long Fei felt his wound open up and he coughed up blood and fell down to the ground writhing in pain. Seeing this Xinyi looked at the male lead and thought,' Hmph serves you right!'.

Did she regret thinking like that.
Of course not! He tried to kill her literally. But still spared her. Why?
She doesn't know but she will still help him.
She approached him and tried to lift him up but as she expected of the male lead, he pushed her away effortlessly even when suffering from a fatal wound.
"Huh? Since you want to suffer so much then suffer! I can help you after you faint" Xinyi said harshly but on the inside she was worried for him.

Wei Long Fei couldn't bear his pain ,he felt like someone poured a hot lava on him. Soon, he felt himself loose consciousness. Last thing he saw before closing his eyes was the girl approaching saying it's going to be alright.
'Why? 'He thought and succumbed to the darkness.

Xinyi supported him and pushed him to the bed as he was heavy. Since it's midnight,she didn't want to distrub the maids ,so she bandaged him herself.
It was challenging but she managed it.

"Whew! Finally" she said taking a few breath and relaxed for awhile. She then decided to wait for him to wake up but soon.

"Host, are you alright?" Zen asked suddenly giving her yer another heart attack.

"Yeah, I am alright, where were you anyway?" She asked slightly annoyed that he didn't show up when her life was in danger.

"Host, I gave you time to think, have you figured it all?" Zen asked as he understood that his host was mad at him.

"Yes, I did! Now answer my question" she asked
impatiently.

"No, I don't think so host. Stacy Cruz, from the time when you accepted to be my partner till now have you really understood the meaning behind our conversation "Zen asked.

Xinyi was suprised that Zen called her with her name instead of 'host', that too by her original name.

"Huh?" She asked feeling confused.

"Host our mission is to save the canon fodders. Why am I going to need a host if I can do it myself ? I need you to do the mission while I will help you with heads-up or giving things and information in a critical situation , that's why I told you to expect the unexpected as I wouldn't be there to save you always. You have to protect yourself."
Zen explained to his stupid host.

Xinyi who somehow understood felt guilty for getting mad at Zen and asked sorry. Zen said it's okay and left.
Xinyi was left alone to wonder why she was so useless and stupid enough to doubt her now only friend zen. After all what he said is true, he could not save her all the time.

She felt tears pricking her eyes and cried herself to sleep while sitting in the chair holding her knees to her face feeling complicated.

Zen who was observing his host felt bad but he has to let her see the reality so that she can improve and become strong enough to face THEM in the future.