Chapter -3

Thud!

Xinyi heard a sound and turned to see a person lying on the ground who seems to be injured heavily.

Li Li who was admiring the flowers nearby also heard the sound and returned to her miss side and saw the situation.

"Ahh! There is a dead body!!! Someon-"Xinyi quickly covered Li Li's mouth with her hand.

"Shh! Keep quiet LiLi, he is not dead. Look!" Xinyi said as they both observed a light breathing of the person.

'Xinyi quickly examined the person. There was a heavy injury on his back and on his left abdomen and loss of blood ,if not treated immediately this person may die' Xinyi thought and got up.

"Li Li, this person was injured by someone and whoever that is, must arrive here sooner or later.
We must hide him quickly,so stay calm and help me to carry him inside the temple"Xinyi said seriously.

LiLi nodded her head with a yes.

Both of them carried that person inside the temple and explained the situation to the priest. Fortunately,the priest told them that he would help them.
He asked them to follow him and he showed them to a secret room in the basement. They went inside the room and made the guy lie down.
Xinyi tore her skirt and bandaged the person to prevent the blood loss.

LiLi who saw this almost fainted. Her miss ,who should be served by others is serving another person,that too a man! How is she going to face her madam and master?!
But on second thought, she is happy that her miss is becoming more mature but not to the point of not being fazed by such a dangerous situation!

Unknown to LiLi, her young miss's calmness is just a facade. Truthfully, Xinyi was very much scared right now.
Suddenly she realised that this is not just a fiction novel but reality where she could get killed anytime and anywhere. Though she won't get punishment for failing the mission since it's her first mission,she didn't want to break her promise to the real Xinyi. So she must be careful from now. She was determined to fulfill the original owner's wishes and finish her mission successfully.

'So, what should I do with this person? What if he is someone involved in the plot and by saving him what if I change the plot unexpectedly? Should I just leave him in the clinic or something..?' as she was thinking on how to deal with this person,the door opened to reveal the priest standing in the entrance.

For a second, they thought they got caught. The priest assured them that the people who came for the injured guy left after searching the area for awhile. Xinyi thought it would be not a wise thing to leave the temple but staying here could also be dangerous.
After weighing the pros and cons, she decided to take him home with her immediately. Not a wise choice but she can go with a flow for now, if anything happens,she can call for the system.

She thanked the priest and both of them hurried to the carriage which is at the bottom of the stairs. They had a very hard time in carrying the guy but somehow they managed and they finally arrived to the carriage.

"Qin! Get the carriage ready" shouted Xinyi.

Qin who saw the young miss and the maid carrying a wounded man was shocked but quickly got the carriage ready.

Finally they arrived home. Xinyi quickly ordered the maids to call for the healer and prepare the guest room for the treatment.

Madam Ye who heard the commotion came out to see what's happening only to witness her daughter  and her maid  supporting an unknown man by shoulder with their torn dress, face and hands covered with blood and dirt.

It was all a mess.
Madam Ye almost fainted. Xinyi asked the maids to take care of her mother and went to take a shower.
She doesn't need to worry about the guy's life since the healer will definitely save him as he is quite efficient.

After taking a shower and dressing up,she went to look at the situation.

By the time she got there.The healer finished the treatment.

"How is he doing ?" she asked the healer after taking a seat.

'Well, there is no danger to his life but he's been poisoned, young lady" said the healer with a troubled expression.

"Poisoned? What kind of poison? We can cure it right?" Xinyi asked who also felt troubled.

"I don't know,young lady. Throughout my life and experience,I never seen this kind of lethal poison and we can't make an antidote without the poison recipe." the healer said thoughtfully.

Hmm, if the healer doesn't know about the poison then there is a chance that it might be from the black market considering the situation.
As for the antidote for the poison..

"Master Shi , can you see if you can find any known ingredients in the poison?" I asked feeling proud of myself for using my wits which I thought is non-existent.

"I can ,but may I ask why?" the healer asked curiously.

"Well , looking at this guy's clothing,he must be from a wealthy family and his temperament also seem dignified so he might big shot and additionally those people went to the lengths of using poison to kill him ,so it must be from the black market.

If we use the  combination of the ingredients we know ,we can find the poison easily, it's just my guessing but it's better than nothing, right?" Xinyi was not sure if this would work out, she could feel her confidence decrease by now.
In the past people never listened to her opinion as they were not really interested,so her confidence level took a lot of damage.

It's going to be like that again...

"Young lady, that's a good idea!"

Huh?

Or so she thought.