Chapter 46 : Becoming Lisa

Start from the beginning

He seemed to have smiled.

But only those who put in the effort to feel, will be able to.

"Lisa, as long as you wish to do it, you will do so sooner or later."

His voice was calm, so calm that no other emotion could be heard from it.

But she instead understood his unspoken words: no matter what I will help you, accompany you, even respect you wherever you wish to go.

"this kind of Mr Jeon...... is totally unlike Mr Jeon." Lisa pursed her lips, and said smiling.

"I am me, there's no alike or unlike." Jungkook's eyebrows were still as unshakable as the heavens and earth.

At that moment, Lisa really believed that this man really like her.

"Lisa, I know you like Song Yi Ran."

Lisa looked speechlessly at Jungkook.

"Your breathing tells me, that you are very surprised that I know."

"How did you know? What I said to Mayer and you was that...... Song Yi Ran was my friend and classmate......"

"the tone of voice you use towards him, the way you tug on his sleeve, the flavours of the dinner you that you prepared, all tell me of your repressed liking for him. If I were you, I will bravely tell him."

"Because you are Jungkook, so you won't know this kind of worry that the person you like will drift from you the moment you say some things. As long as I properly endure, maybe I will always be able to stay at a place neither too far nor near him...... like someone is a very curious feeling. It can allow a person to face all kinds of trials bravely, and it can also make a coward of a person...... I am afraid that I may not be able to help it and just destroy the chemistry that we have between us, to the point that no matter the repairs there will be no way to get it back. Friends and lovers can stick together, but are of a world of difference. But to take that step...... takes not only courage, but drastic determination."

These words, have been repressed in her heart for a very long time, unable to pour out and also having no one to listen to them.

"not being able to have drastic determination means you don't like him enough. In the future, try liking someone that will make you brave."

Jungkook leisurely walked ahead.

And at Lisa's ear, it felt like she could almost hear the air crackling from dryness, something brushed past her like it was nothing, the place in the depths of her heart that was squeezed tightly by Song Yi Ran was about to open up and be clear.

Daily after, Lisa's time was pretty much spent in the kitchen.

Jungkook increased the number of dishes for Lisa to imitate through her tasting from 2 a day to 3 a day, 4 a day, Lisa realised that she was quickly learning and mastering all sorts of cooking techniques from Jungkook. No matter if it were barbecuing, frying or baking, she found herself getting handier.

Half a month later, Jungkook had already stopped making dishes for Lisa to try, instead giving her a limited amount of ingredients, letting her use her imagination, to make something that she thought was delicious.

This kind of challenge was full of difficulty, and yet creative. Every time she saw Jungkook lower his head to taste the dishes, she would feel very nervous. Especially when Jungkook's lips parted, bent his body, and his hair swung across his forehead like a pendulum, Lisa's mind was matchlessly focused, like waiting for the biggest lottery number to be revealed.

She always remembered the promise that was made between Jungkook and her, if there were a day she made something that Jungkook thought was delicious, Jungkook would agree to one of her wishes.