eight

"Great party, Zabini!" Mattheo cheered as the music blasted into the living room of the Slytherin Common Room. The Slytherins just won a match against Hufflepuff by none other than, Draco Malfoy. "Hey everyone! The prince just arrived!" Theo yelled as Draco entered the common room, wearing his Quidditch jersey. All of them cheered for the blonde.

"Thank you, Nott," Malfoy smirked while grabbing a drink from Theo. "Draco! Care for you to join us?" Pansy asked as she was sitting on the couch with Blaise. "I'm good, Pansy," Malfoy said as his eyes were fixed on the entrance. Pansy noticed and it caused her to giggle. "Are you waiting on someone?" She questioned her friend.

Draco didn't answer as he was focused on the entrance while slowly drinking his drink. A minute later, a girl entered the room. It wasn't any ordinary girl, it was her. "Everyone, meet Rosie Smithstone!" Mattheo yelled as they went wild that a well-known Quidditch player was on the premises and in Slytherin.

Draco blushed at the sight of Rosie, with her dark green off-shoulder dress, her long hair all up in an elegant bun with a beautiful complimentary emerald necklace. "Ooo, Draco's got a crush on the princess!" Pansy teased the blonde.

Both Blaise and Pansy giggled at Draco's reaction. "Smithstone!" Blaise yelled as he gestured to Rosie to come over to the group and pointed at Draco.

The blonde instantly reacted as he noticed that Rosie had come over. "Hey, you! Nice to see you and that suit again." Rosie giggled. "Well, thank you. I'm glad to see you here too." Draco smiled softly as his eyes roamed Rosie's dress that outlined her body perfectly. "Draco! I didn't know that you had company. I don't think we've ever met, Pansy Parkinson."

"Rosie Smithstone. Care for a drink, Pansy?"

"I would love to." They left Draco and Blaise behind on the couch as the other girls kept giggling about something. "Both of our girls are getting along, how about that?" Blaise chuckled as he looked at the blonde, whose eyes were still glued on Rosie."Hello? Hogwarts to Malfoy, are you still there?"

"What do you want, Zabini?" Draco scoffed as he finally took his eyes off Smithstone. "Looks like the blondie's mad." Blaise chuckled. "Don't ever call me that and I am not mad," said Malfoy as he drank all his drink in one go.

As Draco and Blaise continued to talk, Zabini noticed a familiar boy coming up beside Rosie as she was chatting with Pansy. "Looks like someone is getting touchy with her." Draco understood what he meant by 'her' but was confused about what he was referring to.

Blaise pointed towards the pool table to see the person he despises more than Potter, Adrian Pucey getting all handsy with Rosie, who was uncomfortable. "The fuck is he doing here at my party?!"

"I'm hosting this party-"

"I don't care and why the hell did you even invite him?!" Draco sneered. "Well, he is in Slytherin." Blaise chuckled as he continued to tease his friend. Draco kept glaring at Pucey and Zabini. "I was just kidding, okay? Maybe Daphne invited him."

Then all of a sudden, a loud yell can be heard from not too far from Draco and Blaise. "Watch your face, Pucey!" Mattheo yelled as he punched Adrian repeatedly. "Mat, stop!" Rosie said as she and a few other Slytherins tried to pull Riddle from Pucey.

"Okay, okay. That is enough, Riddle." Blaise separated the two. "Now, what is going on?"

"Pucey here is being a son of a bitch and tried to touch Rosie. He's too busy fantasizing about fucking her when she is clearly uncomfortable." Mattheo scoffed as he shot sharp glares at Adrian's swollen and bruised face. "If you lay another finger on her, it won't be only your face would be broken."

Riddle pulled Rosie into an empty room in the common room as the party went on. "Mattheo, what the actual hell was that? I told you I could handle it!" Rosie muttered as she gently held her cousin's hand, seeing his knuckles swell and slightly bleeding. "I told those twats that if they ever touch you inappropriately, they won't be seeing the light of day again."

"Mattheo! I appreciate that you're protective of me, but why won't you trust me? I almost handled it with Adrian. Whenever I need your help, I'll call for you. I promise." Rosie softly smiled as she caressed his cheek, giving it a small kiss.

"Now, I have to go. Tell Blaise thanks and a great party."

Rosie exited the castle as she walked the Quidditch Pitch. It was quiet and peaceful. Rosie walked towards the pitch as the grasshoppers chirped in the night. She entered the pitch to see a familiar figure in the distance. "Never knew that you actually came." The figure said. "Why wouldn't I?" Rosie chuckled as she went closer and closer to the figure. It turned around to reveal Hufflepuff's Golden Boy. "Because I heard that Zabini's throwing a party for the win?" Cedric awkwardly chuckled.

"Yeah, I had to stop by a bit, Mattheo forced me. Anyways, congratulations Ced!" The brunette was confused at her words. "Why are you congratulating me? I didn't win, remember?"

"Doesn't matter if you won or lost, at least you tried your best, right?" Rosie chuckled. "Yeah, I did." Cedric's heart flutters and softens as he hears her cute small laugh. "I heard that you're planning on participating in this tournament thing, I hope you get picked." Rosie smiled at the Hufflepuff, looking up at his light brown eyes.

Cedric looked down at her, thinking it was cute that she was much smaller than him. He slowly leaned in and gave Rosie's lips a peck. She was stunned, that the actual Cedric Diggory kissed her! Making her face red as a tomato.

"What did you do that for?" She asked as her blush's colour grew and grew. "I thought you looked cute and decided to kiss you because why not? And I needed good luck for tomorrow anyway." Cedric chuckled as he gently pulled Rosie by her waist.

"You could've just asked." Rosie giggled as she slowly wrapped her arms around his neck. "Is this okay?"

"Okay? I feel like I'm in heaven with an angel. This is more than okay." Cedric leaned in again and kissed Rosie deeply. To his surprise, she kissed him back, pulling him in even more to deepen the kiss.

Eventually, they pulled away, putting their foreheads against each other as they heard the other breathing heavily. "I never realized I was missing out on a girl like you, Rosie." She giggled in response to Cedric's comment, still breathing heavily.

"It's getting late, we should head back." The brunette said as he kissed her forehead. "Yeah, we should." Both of them headed their way to the castle. Cedric accompanied Rosie, making sure she got back safely to her common room. "See you, tomorrow, okay?" Smithstone smiled as she kissed the Hufflepuff deeply once more before entering the Slytherin Common Room.