The Tusken Raider

CW: Violence

This chapter is based on Attack of the Clones Anakin. He was emotionally volatile and incredibly violent due to his hatred. As such, I tried to communicate that in my writing. Please be cautious if you are triggered by descriptions of violence.

Thank you for reading. <3

__________

The twin suns had long set, enveloping the sand dunes in darkness. Despite the absence of the daylight, the desert remained sweltering. It was the hottest season of the year, and even at nightfall, the acrid air seemed to burn the Empress's lungs.

(Y/N) sat in the Lars' home, along with Anakin's men - Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and a handful of troopers she was unfamiliar with. A thin sheen of sweat coated her upper chest and collar bones, and stray hair was beginning to stick to her neck. Attempting to get some relief from the heat, she pressed her back to the cool sandstone wall, sapping it of its chilled surface. 

They had been waiting on Anakin's return for hours now, with little to do in the meantime. Having no method with which to communicate with him, the party was unsure of how much longer his search and rescue would take. 

The environment was silent, save for the shuffling of feet or hushed voices conversing in the back. Occasionally, a loud cry would sound in the distance, causing goosebumps to grow on the woman's exposed arms.

"You know, I'm beginning to feel forgotten about," a gentle voice teased.

The Empress turned her head to the side, her eyes meeting the warm brown ones of her handmaiden and closest friend. 

"Padme!" (Y/N) gasped in fake shock. "When did you get here?!"

"Ha-ha. Very funny, Your Highness," Padme rolled her eyes with a grin. 

(Y/N) reached over and clasped the brunette's hands in one of her own. 

"I'm so happy to have you with me," she said earnestly. "I know we haven't gotten to spend as much time together as usual, but your presence has made my transition to Empress that much easier."

Padme gave a wide smile in return.

"That's what I'm here for."

The two leaned into each other, touching shoulders as the handmaid sighed. 

"Empress, you must be getting uncomfortable," Obi-Wan spoke up. "Let one of us take you to the  accommodations prepared in the settlement."

(Y/N) held up her hand in firm decline.

"Thank you, Obi-Wan, but I'm quite alright where I am. If this is Empirical business, I must stay."

The general hesitantly accepted her answer, flashing a look of concern at his older companion. 

As if on cue, another ragged yell pierced the silence, this time sounding much closer than it had before. 

The new bride found herself becoming quickly more crowded as Qui-Gon abruptly stood, standing next to his counterpart before her.

"My lady, it is imperative you are taken somewhere safe. Please, allow me to escort you into Mos Eisley."

(Y/N)'s suspicion was instantly cued. 

"What safer place, than that which has two of the Emperor's best men? I should be no more so out of harm's way in Mos Eisley than I would be here."

The troops around them began to grow restless, their whispers increasing in intensity.