One hell of an ice breaker

Start from the beginning

At the end of the hall was a pair who were literally making out. Seungmin was shocked, but everyone around him didn't pay any mind and acted like this was a common occurrence.

Jeongguk groaned as he unlocked the room across from the kissing couple. "Will you two knock it off?? We have a new dormmate, please don't traumatize him before you've even introduced yourselves."

The shorter of the two turned to Seungmin, his chipmunk cheeks a deep shade of pink; though it was obviously from the making out, because his face showed no shame for his current actions.

"Hi, I'm Jisung, and this is Minho. If anyone upstairs asks, we're... just friends. More like work colleagues, really."

The Minho guy chuckled and pulled Jisung back in for a kiss, not even looking at Seungmin.

Jeongguk closed the door behind them as he and Seungmin entered their shared room.

"They're not work colleagues. If that wasn't clear," a new, deep voice said, and Seungmin looked up to see another drop-dead gorgeous man sitting up on what Seungmin assumed was Jeongguk's bed. He had a magazine in his long, delicate fingers. His honey skin and medium-length sandy blonde hair brought out his perfect features, particularly his tiger eyes.

Jeongguk hopped onto the bed and sat next to the other guy.

"I mean, we technically do work together as members of Butterfly Venom," Jeongguk turned to Seungmin while he rolled his bags to the other bed. "I'm a singer and dancer. Jisung is a singer and rapper, and Minho is a dancer."

"And I'm Taehyung. I don't work here."

Seungmin raised an eyebrow, "Then...why the hell are you here?"

"Hey now! This guy is your hyung!" Jeongguk said, throwing his arms around Taehyung. "And he's my boyfriend. And he's a model. Obviously."

Jeongguk kissed Taehyung on the cheek and the model giggled.

Great. I have a horny couple across the hall and another in my actual room.

As if reading his mind, Taehyung spoke up. "Don't worry, we won't be fucking here. I have a much nicer apartment nearby. In fact, you may not see much of this guy at all." He ruffled Jeongguk's hair.

"Not going to lie, that's fantastic to hear," Seungmin said, and the older two laughed. "So, the company allows you to come here, and let's Jeongguk stay at your place?"

"Oh fuck no," Tae said, putting down the magazine and standing up, stretching his arms. "It's definitely not allowed. We just don't give a shit. Me in particular." He yawned as he finished stretching.

Seungmin grinned – he liked these two.

"Anyway, I've got to go. It was nice to meet you, Seungmin. I'll see you tomorrow, Jungkookie." Tae kissed his boyfriend and walked out.

After seeing all of these new people, Seungmin was intimidated, to say the least. He was joining a group that had already been working together for almost two years. They were older than your average debut group, but that was what was hot at the moment. Seungmin was the youngest at 22, the oldest being a guy named Jin, who was already 27.

BTSKZ wanted one more singer in the group, and Seungmin had gotten the spot. It was such an honor, and he was excited; but he was also terrified. He was a complete outsider to the group and would always be lacking the intensity of the bond the others had with each other. He was fulfilling his dream of being a singer, but he knew it wouldn't be what he imagined when he thought about an idol group dynamic.

"So!" Jeongguk said excitedly, jumping off of his bed like a little kid. "Want to go on a tour?"

"Actually, I'd like to unpack, if that's okay." Seungmin was feeling overwhelmed.