"it's okay, i'm gonna be right there, sweetheart," Buck reassured him.

"do you wanna go in now, or wait out here?" Evan asked.

"i want to wait out here, i'll be in a minute," Eddie replied. Buck nodded.

"i have to make a phone call so i'll be right over there. when i'm done with that we'll go in, yes?" he offered, kissing Eddie's cheek, who nodded.

Eddie stood there... for thirty minutes just staring at the entrance while Evan was on the phone.

he doesn't even remember blinking. his arms were crossed over his chest and he never looked away. he tuned very sound out.

Buck came up to him, grabbing his hand as he lead Eddie into the fire house. Eddie never looked behind him, or turned his head. still staring straight forward. he saw his friends for the first time since the 24 hour shift from hell as he walked in the firehouse behind Buck, but still holding his hand.

he ignored all their hi's. Well, no so much ignoring them as he could process them.

then they walked upstairs, to the kitchen area, where he was met by Athena, Bobby, Chim, Hen, and Maddie.

"Eddie, Buck! are y'all hungry?" Bobby asked, trying to be as normal as possible. Eddie shook his head, but Buck spoke for him.

"starving," Buck said, looking at Eddie then back at Bobby, sitting him down on the couch, getting next to him.

Eddie pressed himself to Bucks side, "can we please go, i'm gonna vomit," Eddie begged, more tears filling up his eyes.

"you're gonna be fine, there's a trash can and multiple bathrooms," Buck whispered. Eddie winced at the last word.

"why are you doing this," Eddie pleaded, feeling himself get angry at Buck.

"because you need to face it. do you want to get back to work?" Evan asked softly, grabbing his hand. Eddie nodded, understanding where Bucks head was at. he sighed, laying his head on Bucks shoulder.

Bobby came over, two sandwiches in his hand, going back over to the group.

it wasn't expected for Eddie to socialize with all of them. they knew he wouldn't, just being at this place was hard, they weren't going to make it worse by making unwanted conversation.

"we eat, then you go in there, okay?" Evan told him, making Eddie's eyebrows furrow as he forcefully swallowed the bite of his sandwich.

"you're not going in there with me," he asked, his stomach turned at the feeling of good hitting it for the first time in days, but he choked the feeling back.

"I'll walk you too the door, but then i'm staying outside. you gotta do this alone baby. i'll be just outside the door," Evan told him softly, caressing his cheek.

Eddie nodded, taking another bite. eating felt good, getting full quick was the hard part. his body had gotten so used to barely eating, it was like his stomach shrunk.

so after eating half, he declared he was done with it. he gave Evan a couple more minutes to finish his and Eddie's, before they got up and headed to the sink to wash their plates and thanking Bobby for the food.

"are you ready?" Evan asked softly, grabbing his hand.

Eddie looked up at him and nodded, "it's now or never," he whispered. Buck led them to the shower room, which was different than the bathrooms but still a bathroom nonetheless.

Eddie stopped them a couple feet away from the door, letting go of Bucks hand and turning to face him. "promise you'll be right here if i need you," Eddie asked softly, tears falling from his eyes as he put his hands on Evan's face.