twelve

3-15-23

Buck was currently at his old house, finishing up his packing. well he was done. he was just making sure he had everything.

Julia was currently watching bubble guppies on Bucks phone as he finished everything up.

"hey, Julia, babe, you ready to go home and see Eddie and Chris," Buck asked the girl sitting on the floor where Bucks phone was charging.

she nodded, smiling ear to ear.

Buck put his fairly large hand on her face, sliding his thumb across her cheek, but was interrupted by banging on the front door.

"open the fucking door, Buckley!" John screamed as he beat on it. Bucks heart stopped for a moment.

"ooo is this another game! like you and Eddie were playing the other night!" Julia smiled.

Buck shook his head no, making her smile drop.

"you know how you had to stay with Eddie and Carla for a little because daddy was hurt?" Buck asked the little girl. she nodded in response.

"this is the bad man who hurt me," Buck finished off, immediately seeing tears in his daughters eyes.

"but it's gonna be okay, i need you to be big and brave for me. okay? can you do that? show me a brave smile," Buck whispered, smiling, poking her side.

she tried to smile and that's all that mattered.

John continued to beat on the door, Buck looked behind him, making sure the back door was locked.

Buck grabbed his phone from his daughter, and picked her up. he ran to a random closet, hiding in it.

he dialed 911.

"911 what's your emergency?" the dispatcher said into the phone.

"this is fire fighter Evan Buckley, my location is 202 fleeva drive," Buck said trying to keep calm for his daughter but it was no use. he was freaking out.

"Buck? oh my god what's wrong," Maddie said over the phone.

"Maddie hes here. Johns here and he's not happy! hurry!" Buck rushed his sister as he heard his front door being broken down.

"he's in the house," Buck whispered, putting his hand over Julia's mouth.

"officers are only a 2 minutes out Buck. the 118 is on its way," Maddie told her brother, trying her absolute hardest to stay strong.

Buck smelt smoke. a smell he was all too familiar with.

"no, no, no," he whimpered quietly as tears entered his eyes.

"Julia, i need you to run. i need you to run as fast as you can when i open this door okay? can you do that for me?" Buck asked her softly, making her stand up in the closet. he heard the sirens outside.

she nodded, "what about you," she asked softly.

"i'll be out there before you know it,"

"take this and run," He whispered, handing her the phone after he cleared the path. the fire was at the back door, giving her a clear view to the open front door.

she ran, as fast as her little legs could carry her. leaving Buck hiding in the closet, with no way of communicating.

Julia was meant with Athena, a few other officers, and the 118.

that including, Bobby, Chim, Hen, Lena, and Lucy.

"Julia, where's you're daddy," Bobby squatted down to her height.