5.

"Okay Vi. It has been 4 months.  You have to hunt." Rose said slamming my door open. It was an unusually sunny day and Rose knew I love to hunt on sunny days.

I sighed and looked up from my pile of blankets and pillows. She had her hunting clothes.  Black hoodie that was Emmett and black leggings with black tennis shoes on. Her hair was in a bun.  I threw off the knitted blanket Esme did for me years ago and got up.

I am doing this for her.  She has been trying for the last 4 months to get me to go hunting. Today I was just tired of her asking. I don't mention the feeling of almost being sick as I stood by my bed.  The aching feeling in my bones that hasn't left since I saw Paul.  

I sped around changing into black biking shorts and a white tank top.  I like the feeling of the sun on my skin so the less clothes I have on the better.  I shoved my socked clad feet into my black tennis shoes before throwing my hair into ponytail. 

Rose held her hand out once I was done and I grabbed it.  She dragged me out of the house and I stopped for a second to take in the warmth.  It was the first time I felt somewhat like myself.

"You seem better." Rose said and I smiled lightly. 

"I like the sunshine.  Maybe after graduation I'll go to the house in Mexico." I sighed thinking about the impending graduration in a month. I hate going to school all the time. Rose pulled me into a run as she pulled me Through the forest.

"I can come with you?'' She said as we slowed to a walk.  I wanted to sigh again.  I loved my sister but she wants to fix every issue but this one she can never fix.  We are over 60 years old with forever nipping at our heels. And I will live forever knowing my mate will never want me.

''You hate the mexico house." I mused as I climb into a tree for a better view.

"It is small.  We only have 3 bedrooms.  And 8 people. Me and Emmett had to fix up that small little apartment over the Garage just for some privacy." She snarked as she closed her eyes to listen.  She was a natural at hunting. She never needed to close her eyes but always did. 

''You just wanted to be close to the mustang you were fixing up." I snarked at her as I closed my eyes.  She laughed before I heard her zip off. 

I caught the scent of a deer.  Her favorite.  Mine is always cougars. I waited until I caught wind of one.  Their blood always a little sweeter. I also hated hunting deer as years ago I killed a fawns mother.  I felt horrible.  I convinced Carlisle to let me raise it.  She lived in our property in Alaska. That was 50 years ago. 

I prawlee along with the cougar.  A male. I pounced snapping it's neck so it doesn't suffer before I bit into its neck. I felt the warmth spread through me.  The 4 month long burn going away. It felt nice.

I had only the one and I hoped along the trees to find Rose.  She was on her second deer. She wiped a tiny bit of blood from her mouth as she got up.  She brushed off dirt from her pants as she looked up at me.  I felt a sharp pain run through my whole body as She met my eyes and panic ran through her eyes.

I was falling from the tree before I knew what was happening.  I hit the ground and for the first time in almost a century I felt pain.  Overwealming pain.

I didn't even realized I was screaming until I heard Carlisle alarmed voice.  I hadn't even noticed Rose picking me up and taking me back home.  I think I am lying in my room.

"What happened?'' Carlisle asked Rose.

''I don't know. We were out hunting.  We separated like always.  She came back after about 30 minutes. When I turned to her she had those black tears streaming down her eyes.  I couldn't even asked her about it before she fell from the tree she was in.'' She said as I felt her run a hand through my hair.

"Violet.  I need you to tell me what is wrong?'' Carlisle asked. 

"It hurts.  Pain.  Everywhere.'' I grunted out as I felt the pain get worse.

''Could this be because of the dog rejecting the mating bond?'' Rose growled out as I screamed again at the thought of Paul.

"I have never seen this happen.  But maybe the imprinting makes the bond stronger.'' Carlisle said in a thoughtful voice.  I reached out and grabbed his hand hard.  The pain was awful.

''Don't call Sam.  We have to respect Pauls wishes." I grunt out as I watched Carlisle nod. 

>>>

I don't know how long I laid there in pain but it was finally subsiding enough for the screams to turn into grunts and whimpers.  I laid on my side with my head in Roses lap.

''Carlisle.  She has been this way for 2 days.  We have to do something." I heard Esme say from somewhere downstairs.

''Her body is rejecting the animal blood.  We could try the human blood I have stored here.'' Carlisle said grimly.

"She will refuse it.  Her and Rose have both never touched a drop of human blood.'' Esme all but whispered.

"I fear we don't have a choice.  Her body seems to be shutting down. Which is un heard of for our kind.  I have heard horror storys of the pain of losing a mate.  But never this.  Never our whole system shutting down. It has to be the imprint bond." Carlisle whispered back. But it was never any use.  We can a hear them.

"And if her body rejects the human blood? What happens then?" Esme all but pleaded.  My heart squeezed for the women we call mom.

''We will cross the bridge when we get there.'' He said and I hear clothes rustling.  He must be holding her.

''I can't lose another one.'' Esme said in an almost small voice. 

''We won't.  I can promise.  We won't lose Violet.'' Carlisle said quietly.