4.

It had been 1 week since I met Paul. It felt like there was an ache that went through me.  Like I need to see him for it too go away.  It might be able to go away today since Sam aske me and Carlisle to meet at boundary line.

I sat on a tree branch above Carlisle as he stood there with his hands in front of him. He was standing there the perfect picture of calm while I was nervous. Alice had another vision.  This time it was the most disturbing one yet.  I had black goo coming out of my mouth.  She was very upset by it. 

We were gone for 2 days to try to calm her. And when I mean we. I mean I had to call Jasper to come and calm her after a whole 18 hours of her stressing. I think Edward is suspicious but he has been up Bellas ass since they made their first public appearance at school. And Rose is less than pleased about it. Neither of us were. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts but the sound of heavy paws. I picked at my nail polish feeling anxious.  I looked up when I heard the russling of clothes.  Sam and Paul came out around a tall bolder.

"I thought you were going to bring Violet." Sam said quietly. He looked grim. He had pitty in his eyes.  I jumped down next to Carlisle causing both wolves to jump. I immediately found Paul's eyes. They held so much hate. He was almost shaking. But even with the hate spewing from him.  The ache lifted.  I briefly smiled at him.  That seemed to steam the shaking he was doing.

''We understand that this is a big event.  Never before has one of us imprinted on... One of you. But Paul here wants to reject the imprint. We don't know how it will affect him by doing so.  But the elders will be keeping a close eye on him.'' Sam explained.

I felt my heart shatter.  It was like a sucker punch to my gut.  My dead heart felt competely broken.  It was like a big hole just got punched into my soul. It was painful. I pulled my eyes from Paul. I looked at the Carlisle.  His face never changed but his posture tensed. 

''I won't have a leech attached to me my whole life." Paul spat and I looked back at Paul meeting his eyes.  The moment I did he shook his head and looked away.

"Paul." Was all Sam warned before Paul walked away.  I heard the rustling of clothes then heavy paws trotting away. I felt the overwhelming need to follow him.  To plead for him not to do this. 

"I am truly sorry it came to this.  The elders don't want to mix their bonds.  And Paul.  Well he has his own issues.'' Sam said and I looked to him bfore pulling my eyes away.   I felt numb. I felt competely numb.

''You have nothing to be sorry for. I have to respect his decision." I said with a soft sad smile.  Sam nodded his head and walked away. 

''Violet." Carlisle started but I just looked at him.

''Carlisle. Don't.  Just don't." I said before speeding off.

>>>>

I didn't realize how long I had been sitting up in this tree until Alice and Jasper climbed up next to me. I sighed leaning into her out stretched arm.  I still feel numb. How else are you suppose to be feel when your mate rejects your bond.

"I am so sorry.  I didn't see this.  If I could have I would have had you leave.'' Alice whispered. I tightened my arms around her.

''Your visions are selective." Jasper said trying to reassure her.  And me I think.

"How are feeling?'' Jasper asked and I sent him a really look over Alice's shoulder.

He just threw his hands up in a sorry gesture before I pulled a way and looked at my favorite couple. They had so much against them.  Especially with Jaspers thirst.  It is still a stuggle after 50 years.

''Everyone knows.  Don't they?'' I asked in a low voice. 

''Carlisle said you took off.  Every one is out looking. Rose is beside herself with worry." Alice said almost dramatically.

''How long have I been here?'' I asked looking at my nails that are now polish free.  I didn't even realize. 

"Two days." Jasper said in a small voice.

''I should go back.'' I said not really wanting too.  But worried for Rose. Two days.  It had felt like hours. It was like this numbness is all consuming. 

I jumped down the tree. Rose would break the treaty to hunt down Paul for hurting me if I don't show up soon.  And the last thing either of us need is a war.

Alice dropped next to me but her eyes in a daze.  She was seeing things.  Jasper dropped next to her and wrapped an arm around her.  Pulling her close.  She all but melted in his arms. He was her safe space.  I hated that I felt disgusted seeing them happy.

I pulled my eyes away from my favorite couple and started a swift pace back towards Forks. Not a run but definitely fast than just a human walk.  I know I was close to the boarder but not into Canada yet. I heard Alice jumping from tree to tree.  She was a climber.  I heard Jaspers heavy footsteps behind me.

"You know i can feel your numbness.'' Jasper said and I just stopped and looked at him. If I could cry I would.  I turned slowly before picking up speed again.

>>>

Since I got home 2 months ago it has been a blur. I think I have gone to school every day but once I am home I just sit in my room.  I haven't hunted even though Rose has tried to get me too.  The burn doesn't really bother me it is the mind numbing pain of the ache that sits in my chest.

I slumped my bag off my shoulders and slipped my flats off my feet before I curled up on my bed.  I am thankful that I am alone. Everyone has been circling around me.  Someone was always with me.  Esme would sit at my desk and work on plans. Rose would sit and play with my hair while she talked with Emmett.  Emmett wouldn't sit with me.  He didn't want to hover. Edward would be there while he did homework but he would leave after that.

I am grateful that today every one has left me alone.  I just wanted to feel this hurt.  To know that my mate doesn't want me. He hates vampires. He hates me.  If only he knew that I didn't choose this.  If only he knew I wouldn't have chosen this life for me. If only he knew how this was slowly killing me.