Dinner Table Guest

Start from the beginning

"Is that Kool-Aid?" Seth said in concern.

"What's so wrong about Ivy having Kool-Aid?" Jason asked.

"I need the energy." I shrugged. "Soda won't do anything at this point and coffee just makes me focus."

"Typically, children of Dionysus have...drinking problems to put it lightly. Since they're underage here at camp, they're kind of addicted to root beer and Kool-Aid." Annabeth eyed my cup nervously. "A couple years back, we learned that Ivy and her brothers don't...handle Kool-Aid very well and can get carried away with root beer."

"I'm just having one cup. Don't worry." I reassured them. "I need the extra energy that I'm lacking. Besides, I have a feeling tonight's campfire is going to be...intense to say the least."

"There's no extra sugar in there, right?" Jason said. He blinked and then winced as if a memory tried to resurface. "I don't know why, but you having Kool-Aid..."

"Maybe you knew someone with a Kool-Aid addiction." Annabeth suggested.

"Maybe." Jason muttered, his eyebrows pinched together in frustration.

"Ives, I really don't think you drinking Kool-Aid with your lack of sleep is a good idea." Seth frowned. "You'll have, like, a sugar crash or something. I don't think it's healthy."

"I'll be fine. Promise." I gave him a thumbs up.

"She's not going to change her mind." Annabeth told him, already giving up.

"Percy would've." Seth muttered with a sigh. "Fine. Drink water after."

"I will."

"If Will saw you drinking this, the poor kid will have a heart attack." Seth mumbled. Will must've heard his name, because he looked around the pavilion. Seth pecked Annabeth's cheek. "Sit next to me at the campfire?"

"Of course." Annabeth smiled at him as he walked away. "You can choose who you want to sit with, Jason. I'm going to go sit with my siblings."

Annabeth left leaving Jason standing next to my table. He looked over his shoulder to see Leo eating with his siblings. People started to line up with their food to do the offering.

"Are you the only one here at your table?" Jason asked.

He looked around to see that every other table besides, four, were filled.

"Yeah, my brother, Pollux, is at college." I informed him, standing to my feet with my plate. "Those over there are the tables for the Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades kids. Then there is also the table for Artemis' Hunters whenever they visit."

"So you sit by yourself." Jason noted. He glanced at the Hephaestus table to see it packed. "I'll eat with you, so you're not alone."

"You can go eat with Leo if you want. It's ok." I reassured him. "I'm fine eating by myself."

"I'm sure." Jason said. A dryad placed a plate in front of him on the table. He saw an empty goblet beside it. "How do I get the drink?"

"You just tell it what drink you want."

"Sprite." Jason said hesitantly. The goblet filled with the soft drink. A smile grew on his face. "That's cool."

"Come on, bring your plate." I told him. Jason grabbed his plate and followed me to the line going to the fire. "We give a small portion of our into the fire. It's an offering to the gods. We typically say a small prayer with it."

Jason nodded as the line moved. We stood in line quietly as we got closer. Leo was a few people in front of us. When he did his offering he was walking back to his table when he saw Jason.