Everyone looked up to Mercer for a plan, and thankfully he had one. It'll be hard to pull off, but we'll do it. 

"The variants are too dangerous to just lead away, so here's the new plan. First, we need to get a vehicle out of the Estates. Clear a path, but do not engage the rotters more than absolutely necessary." Mercer started off whilst the citizens of the Commonwealth flooded into the new estates for safety. "Use the music from the trucks to turn the walkers and head for the Estates! Let's get the fuel down in the sewers. We're only gonna have one shot at this."

It was a big plan, but it had to work. It was our only option. The giant water fountain in the centre of the estate was flooded with the fuel, same with the sewers surrounding the whole estate. The music from the trucks was a distraction for the walkers to stay in one place whilst everyone got out of the way of the future blast to occur. Whilst people moved the trucks and barrels of fuel and gasoline from some storage units, I helped shoot some upcoming walkers that got too close to people from behind, but also their shields.

Once we got far enough, it was time. One of the barrels of gasoline was pierced with a few bullets and soon enough an explosion happened. The ground beneath the walkers broke and they caught on fire, some burst into flames and fell down the gap before melting into the sewers below. All the walkers were killed in the surrounding area, being burnt until they were just dust. It was quite magnificent to see out of all honesty.

I thought the explosion at the CDC was huge, but this was something else.

Pamela was forced to watch her precious estates be destroyed with the walkers before being held in the prison cells for now.

Everything was going to be okay.

The Commonwealth was at peace, no selfish or malicious leader to rule it for their own benefit. The citizens were safe and walkers were wiped out. Our group was gathered around the table, eating meals together, feeling comfortable amongst each other and finally enjoying peace between everyone for once. I couldn't remember the last time there were no threats against us, it had been so long. We were all safe, finally.

I sat next to Leigh and Judith at the table, a glass of juice in my hand rather than wine as I was talking to Connie and Kelly opposite me until Yumiko stood up, "Hey, everybody. A toast. To Luke." She grinned with her glass in the air.

"To Luke." Everyone said in unison with their glasses raised.

There was still one thing that I hadn't gotten off my chest yet though. I looked up at Leigh with a smile, "Hey, can I talk to ya' for a sec? In private." He seemed worried at first, trying to think of what he might've done wrong as we walked into the hallway for some privacy.

"Whatever I've done I'm sor-"

"Shut up, you haven't done anythin' wrong." I chuckled and he let out a sigh of relief. Okay, great, where to start.. "Uh, right.. I got somethin' to tell ya'. And I get that it might be a bit too soon- or maybe like, a lot too soon, but heck, I can't exactly control it- well, maybe we could-"

"Lils you're rambling, hon." Leigh squeezed my hand with a chuckle. I stopped myself and inhaled sharply.

"Right. Yeah- yeah, I am! Sorry, I have no idea how to say this." I put my face in my hands embarrassedly with a chuckle.

"Just say it, don't ramble this time." He joked, but I felt myself be more serious this time.

I fiddled with the bottom of his jacket and just came out with it, "I'm.. I-I'm pregnant.."

He didn't say anything at first. He was in shock and was the quietest he had ever been before in his life, nevermind just the time I've known him. His eyes trailed my face before landing on my stomach as thoughts appeared to be flooding his brain.