Chapter Six: Hate Is a Strong Word

Start from the beginning

I looked back while walking towards the living room so that I could stick out my tongue at Cody, but all I could see was Blake smiling gently, all lovestruck, towards Theo's direction, even though Theo was facing the other way. You know, I never really got it until now. How a jock like Blake would find something in someone as quiet and nerdy as Theo.. Maybe I do get it.

Theo led me to the couch, and I immediately jumped on it, sighing happily. "God, I love your couch, it's so soft, what's it made out of anyways?" All of a sudden, I felt a body weigh down the sofa, causing me to shift a little. I looked over at the culprit, and it was none other than fuck-face Cody. "It's made out of my love for you." Now his stupid puns were getting out of hand. I'm just embarrassed for him at this point. "Weirdo.." I muttered, not wanting to pay him any more attention than I already have.

In a hurry, I quickly got up from my spot on the couch, and went to sit on the other end, to which he responded by doing the exact same thing. It became a never-ending cycle of me going from left to right, with him following closely behind me, until I decided that enough was enough. Suddenly, I stopped in my tracks and turned around without warning, causing him to bump into me, with both of us on the floor.

What.

The.

Actual.

FUCK.

At that moment, I didn't know what to think. Cody was on top of me, his arms pinned on either side of my head. Nothing else was visible in my line of vision except for him. I couldn't get the words out of my mouth, and it felt like all the strength that I once had in my body, that was reserved to push Cody away, suddenly disappeared, leaving me a confused puddle under Cody's gaze. He looked straight into my eyes, piercing me with nothing but his blue orbs. I'm supposed to kick him off me, punch him, slap him–

But why couldn't I?

His scent of cedarwood filled my nose, making me nauseated with his presence, sending a rush of heat onto my face. Cody looked as confused as I was, and his silence surprised me. I ripped my gaze away from his eyes, and nervously looked at the rest of his face. Oh, he has a birthmark near his ear– Wait.

I shook my head aggressively, and in an instant, kicked Cody in a place where the sun doesn't shine. He fell back on the floor, clutching at his crotch, eyes squeezed shut in pain, "What the fuck, Eric?" I could hear Blake cracking up in the hallway, unable to contain his laughter at the wildering sight in front of him. That should teach him. "It wasn't even my goddamn fault! You stopped in front of me and made me trip!"

He had a point, but I wouldn't admit that. I grinned at him as he stood up, still in pain. Theo, on the other hand, looked horrified. "Eric? What's gotten into you?" I saw Theo looking over at Blake, shooting him a quick glance, "And you too, Blake! Your best friend's hurt, and you're laughing?" Theo made his way around the coffee table, and walked to Cody, gently speaking, "Are you okay? Um.. Do you.. Want some.. Ice?"

Blake and I shot each other a quick glance before bursting out in laughter, "Ice?" I said, mockingly, still looking at Blake like Theo's words was the funniest thing we've ever heard. "Careful, Theo, your ice pack might turn Cody on." I said, barely even able to get the words out of my mouth. Blake laughed loudly at my joke, while Cody just send us both glares. It seemed like for once, Blake and I were on the same page, laughing at Theo's naivety. "You guys are so mean." Theo said, unknowingly pouting, before disappearing into the halls with Cody. It took a few seconds before Blake and I's laughter finally died down.

"You really put him in his place, didn't you?" Blake said, grinning with his arms crossed, leaning on the door frame. "Someone had to." I muttered, chuckling a bit. "So.. What movie do you think we should watch?" He walked further into the living room, and picked up the remote on the coffee table. I thought about it for a moment, looking up at the ceiling in thought. "Hm.. I dunno. Maybe something scary."

I watched the television as Blake pulled up Paramount, and clicked on their selection of horror movies. "You're into that kinda' thing?" He said nonchalantly. "Yup. But I know Theo isn't." Blake chuckled before responding, "Yeah, good thing I'm here. Since you like horror, I'm guessing you won't need Cody to cling on to, huh?" I looked at him, disgusted, "Like I'd ever need Cody for anything."

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear. Cody came into the living room, followed by Theo, who was holding a bunch of soda cans. Blake noticed this, and immediately rushed over to him to help, "My sweet angel shouldn't have to do any of the hard work." Theo's face became visibly pink, before he replied with, "It's not even that hard.. It's just soda." Blake took all of the cans from Theo, "I know, but how'll your little hands be able to carry them all?" Gross. "Get a room, you two." I said, crossing my arms.

"Agreed. They should get a room so that we can have the living room all to ourselves." Cody wrapped his arms around my neck from behind the couch. I turned around quickly, and pushed him off, "Can you fucking stop?! You're so annoying! If you're that horny, go get off on one of your ten girlfriends." He chuckled, and made his way around the couch, and sat himself right next to me. "Why have ten girls, when I can have one sweet, adorable, and pretty boy named Eric?"

Fuck, this is going to be a long night.