Mikey [-] "Liar liar pants on fire"

Requested by: Me

Characters: Bike racer Mikey & GN Reader

F/N = Father's Name

––––––––––––––––––––––––

Your dad was running himself ragged with everything he had put on his plate. He was a personal trainer, so he had to remember the different schedules, and regimes for each of his clients, and he was probably the most disorganized man you knew. Somehow though, he was hella good at his job despite that.

You were visiting him for the weekend and it actually might've been the worst week to do so because he was so busy. So that's why you chose just to shadow him and follow him to his office.

"Y/N, did you see where I put the blue folder?"

"Inside that cabinet." You were aimlessly scrolling through your phone sitting at his desk while he prepared to meet with the next guy.

"Oh you're right, I remember now." He basically slid across the room over to where his missing files were. "I have a new guy. Actually he's pretty famous, so I'm shocked he came to somebody like me."

You raised your eyes from your phone. The now opened paperwork was nearly spilling out and falling onto the ground. He pulled one out, and put the rest away. "Today's really just the consultation though."

"Famous?" You repeated. "Who is it?"

You don't think he heard you because he was checking the time on his watch. All you did was check the top of your phone and saw it was nearly 3pm.

"I'll be back at... maybe around 4?" You stood up and stretched your arms overhead.

He frowned. "I feel bad, are you doing anything tonight? Maybe we can go out to dinner or something? I'll be free then."

You were basically free for the rest of the weeknd because the pool you worked at was closed for the time being. You were a lifeguard and during the summer months that was strictly what you did during your days. When summer and fall ran around you were both lifeguarding and a swim instructor for children. So that's what you currently did. Swim lessons were all year round, but nobody was really learning during winter, so it was good downtime.

"Yeah, tonight sounds good." Your hand twisted the knob to his office and stepped out.

Or, almost stepped out.

You ended up bumping into someone and recoiled back a few steps. Immediately, you apologized, to whoever it was. When you stopped to give that apology though, you paused and took in the appearance of the new person.

Dark jet black hair that came just below his eyes, and was slightly longer in the back. His eyes were just as dark as his hair and they looked tired in a way. Or maybe that was just always how he appeared.

"I'm so sorry." You bowed your head down slightly.

He returned it and tilted his head down as well. "No, that's my fault. I was just standing here." He said back. His voice wasn't as deep as you expected it to be.

Your father came up behind your shoulders placing his hands on them as he greeted the man. "Manjiro, it's so good to see you again!"

Manjiro?

Maybe the name should ring a bell and it just... doesn't.

"Likewise, F/N. Sorry for getting here a little early, I probably should've waited."

"Don't worry about it." He puts a hand on your head. "This is my oldest and my only, Y/N." He introduces you.

You're still trying to figure out if you've seen him somewhere. But for now, you just waved at him. "Nice to meet you."